Are you convinced? Daniel Rubino did a great job!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Did they let you use it?!

Is that to me? Yes, it was just sitting with all the other bits and pieces in the Microsoft section. I picked it up, and hefted in my hands (carefully :p), felt the keyboard, types a few keys, examined the easy to move hinge, looked at the screen. Didn't use it much, I was stopping in the local tech store just to buy some ram for my pc.

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Is that to me? Yes, it was just sitting with all the other bits and pieces in the Microsoft section. I picked it up, and hefted in my hands (carefully :p), felt the keyboard, types a few keys, examined the easy to move hinge, looked at the screen. Didn't use it much, I was stopping in the local tech store just to buy some ram for my pc.

Must've felt like heaven :eek:

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Underwhelmed, I don't care for a device with a touchscreen that doesn't convert. Just not my preference.

He did a good job writing the review like his other work here, I just prefer to have either a convertible or something more powerful.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Defo a great review. I do wish I could try the laptop in person and see what the alcantara and apparently, great build quality feel like.

If you're in America go to best buy, they've got them on display. I looked at one and was shocked how heavy it actually is, you can tell it has a big battery and is built solid.

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Man, wouldn't mind winning one, but if I bought a new Surface of some kind, I'd still go for SP (to replace my SP3), after reading Engadgets review pointing out the insane battery life! It's literally the only thing my SP3 could have done better.

jgibson2400

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I think for die-hard fanboys it doesn't matter what one says, they'll buy it anyway, but for normal consumers they'll get better value for their money in any other Windows laptop of the same price (and even cheaper). Even people coming from Mac - who are used to overpriced, underpowered products - they'd find better offerings elsewhere.

Are there any better options elsewhere for people who use PCs primarily for work (rather than causal usage / watching videos). It seems like the entire industry other than Apple and Microsoft are locked in on the god awful 16x9 screen ratios that are terrible for getting work done. I wish there were better offerings elsewhere but I'm having a hard time finding many that aren't plagued with an awful 16x9 screen.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Must've felt like heaven :eek:

It felt too good for me lol. No seriously it was very nice. What I liked wasn't just the fabric, but how well balanced/light and how easy the hinge was to move. A very "invisible" sort of laptop experience.

I'm more of a tablet guy myself. But if I was in for a laptop, and _rich_ it'd be an attractive option.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Underwhelmed, I don't care for a device with a touchscreen that doesn't convert. Just not my preference.
Yup, if they'd given this thing a yoga style hinge I would have been very tempted, even without thunderbolt ports. Otherwise a great device from the looks of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss