Any owners out there?

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is fine.. I'd say you have something odd going on if the fan is ramping up and you are getting high CPU usage from one tab..

Here is mine with one tab and my Strava open..

cpu.png

Last edited:

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Not on 10S... It's the only browser that will work.

I'd do a factory restore as it sounds like you have something goofy going on..

sunfir222

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Not on 10S... It's the only browser that will work.

I'd do a factory restore as it sounds like you have something goofy going on..

I upgraded for Win10Pro.

Attached is CPUZ + task manager. Still after reinstalling Edge I get very high cpu usage. installed chrome and 1-2%.. :(

The i5 at 3.5Ghz is quite snappy in windows actually - high performance = boost for 3.5Ghz all the time.

Attachments

• 7300u cpu.jpg
    7300u cpu.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 11

nrprad

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This is literally my Cobalt i5(7200U since apparently we have to specify xD) every time I try to watch YouTube or any other flash video on the web in full screen, Edge or IE. Starts getting laggy and fans get super loud. Its really annoying at this point.Taskmanager.jpg

ZondaF

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
I just received my Surface Laptop with a slight lightbleed but nothing too crazy. But that also made me realize the QC from apple product is pretty good!

Pros:
1) Great Screen
2) Nice Audio
3) Amazing keyboard
4) Alcantara gives good comfort
5) Classy shell design

Cons:
1) Lack of ports
2) Screen Panel QC
3) Dust on the plastic packaging right out of the box
4) Dust also on the machine right out of packaging...makes me wonder...
5) Hard to service?

But i guess i'm the odd ball here...i actually like this surface laptop....simple...nothing too gimmicky like the touch bar.

kodos78

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Cobalt Blue Surface Laptop. So far it is treating me very well. No bizarre CPU utilization or anything. I think it is fantastic, and it is the prettiest device I have ever purchased. The Cobalt Blue is a phenomenal color. Really like it.

SurfaceOwner

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
like this?

I am also an owner of the Surface Laptop i5 7200u/8/256 and I am pretty disappointed with the SSD speeds. I previously owned a Surface Pro 4 which felt much faster/snappier than the Surface Laptop.

I am curious, though, about the different model numbers. The "consumer" edition seems to be DAG-00013 for my model. There seem to be some "business" models out on the market which have the model numbers DAH-00013 (256) and EUS-00013 (128). According to their specifications these seem to be equipped with the i5 7300u. @sunfir222 Can you confirm that one of these model numbers corresponds with your purchased Surface Laptop 7300u? And also, have you tested your SSD, is it a Samsung or Toshiba? Thanks for your help!

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought one on Craigslist. It was used for 2 weeks by the original owner and pretty much new. Paid $750 for i5/8gb/256
I love the screen, it's much larger coming from a surface pro 3. Sound quality from the speakers is excellent. I'm sticking with Windows 10 S for now to if I can get by and also get great battery life. I can always upgrade to Pro until March 2018. Edge does run much faster than on my SP3 so I'm pretty satisfied so far.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just received my i7/8gb/256gb Blue model yesterday. It's early, but so far I'm very happy. Coming from a SB, no complaints. I'm going to try to use 10 S as long as possible without upgrading ;)

Quick question: how are you able to test disc speeds with 10 S? CrystalMark isn't available in the store.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, after another day, one thing that really stands out to me is the keyboard deck, and not in a good way. It's not bad, but in comparison to the Surface Book, which I'm coming from, it seems a step down. I'm not sure why they went with the cloth, but I can't think of a reason, other than to be different. I think the colors are enough of a differentiator. Just my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss