Almighty Foo* Up

bluefoam

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Well... The Surface Laptop I ordered didn't turn up... instead, the good people who run our IT have ordered a Surface Book, which did arrive.

After reading them the riot act, and telling them to send it back, I now need to listen to them make excuses about how difficult it was to get the Surface Book and how the Laptop isn't available in the market... (I'm based in 'Rest of World', not US)

I wanted the Laptop because it sends a better message to our clients, is genuinely more flexible for carrying around and travelling with... But I do admit while the Book looks like a toy & doesn't send out the right message, I'm kind of intrigued by it and it would be useful for marking up drawings. But it's also a gimmick and I'm not sure how practical it would be in reality.

The Laptop was to be 16GB, 512, i7...
The book is similar in that it is 16GB, 512, i7 & I believe has the GPU thingy (don't really understand this bit)

So should I make the IT guys life difficult and demand they do their job right (will take weeks to get the laptop in), or do I let them away with their foo* up and keep the Book?

bluefoam

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback... It's difficult to get a clear answer to this one, most of the reviews that put them against each other don't actually give a conclusion, instead just straddle the line and pander to their readers/viewers.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@bluefoam, both would be worth having...I have the Book, and love it! It's definitely more versatile, but I will admit that I rarely use it as a table...for I have a Surface Pro 3 also.

Good Luck!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb