Slow performance

Christina Teichert

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
I could really do with some help! I purchased a Windows 10 Surface RT about a month ago. I have had nothing but problems unfortunately.
I’m experiencing very slow performance and seem to be limited as to what apps are supported with this device. I purchased a canon printer recently and its not allowing me to install - not supported! I want to be able to also connect a wireless keyboard, but unsure if this will be supported.
I have completed a software upgrade tried Dr google! but not coming up with a solution.
I would be very grateful for some assistance.
Christina

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The Surface laptop, at least most of them until recently, comes with Windows S which blocks Win32 apps. You can unlock Pro for free until the end of March which should solve your app/printer driver issues. Check out this WC article for a good walkthrough of how to do it. As to slow performance, which model do you have and what apps/tasks are affected?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Mods may want to move this to the correct sub-forum so you can get some appropriate responses.

My response is appropriate, assuming she has a Surface Laptop and not a device discontinued almost 5 years ago. I figured the placement in this forum and the Windows 10 part was more accurate and the RT was a typo. However, if it's a RT, then here's my advice: it's a 5+ year old device that is underpowered, it only runs Store apps, and it will never run Win32 apps or the printer driver you tried to install. Your best bet is to return it if you can and look at a Surface Laptop :wink:

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I could really do with some help! I purchased a Windows 10 Surface RT about a month ago. I have had nothing but problems unfortunately.
I’m experiencing very slow performance and seem to be limited as to what apps are supported with this device. I purchased a canon printer recently and its not allowing me to install - not supported! I want to be able to also connect a wireless keyboard, but unsure if this will be supported.
I have completed a software upgrade tried Dr google! but not coming up with a solution.
I would be very grateful for some assistance.
Christina

There is no W10 RT device. Do you mean a Surface laptop with Windows S?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro