Hey guys,
    got my new i5 256gb, 8gb ram model a couple of days ago and noticed this right away.

Having the laptop pluggend in the ac charger and in use, once i enter standby mode (by folding the display down) and leaving it charging it (the battery) gets unusual and really really hot (at the bottom).

Can confirm this behaviour? Or did i get a faulty unit/battery. And if not, i think it wont take long till the battery takes a hit under this temperatures.

Thanks!

And sorry for my English, no native speaker here.
    03-24-2018 06:52 AM
    I also picked up the i5/8/256 model a few days ago, and I have not yet experienced an overheating battery. The processor got a little warm while I was running hours' worth of system and app updates (it came with release 1703 installed, and it took a while to get all the way to 1709.) But in general, I have been impressed with the operational low temp of the laptop compared to other types of Surfaces I have used. (For heat, my worst offender has been an original Surface Book with Power Base. My 15-inch Book 2 has been much cooler.)

If this continues to be a problem, I would encourage you to replace it as a defective unit.
    03-26-2018 09:11 PM