Windows Mobile 6.1 for Dash/Excalibur/HTC S620

abercoreyfitch

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I thought you all might like this :D It works perfectly on the T-mobile Dash / Excalibur / HTC S620. You can download it using Torrents. Someone told me it would work on other HTC devices but I'm not sure.

Windows Mobile 6.1 HTC ROM (080314) By Kavana

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4080014/Windows_Mobile_6.1_(Dash__Excalibur__HTC_S620).4080014.TPB.torrent

Copy / Paste (finally!)

Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)

New home screen (pan left and right to check out missed calls, notifications like email, sms, etc.)

Change Master Security Code

Added text input settings

Recent Programs when pressing Start menu

Threaded SMS!

When you compose an email, or SMS, and start typing the name of the contact in the "To:" field, the contact names finally pop up like Windows Mobile Professional!

Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface

Has OMAP clock, Java VM, Flash Player Lite, Registry Editor, Office Mobile 6.1.

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Visit site
Browse Network

Will an update to 6.1 permit network resource access (printers and shares) on a smartphone? Are any disadvantages to installing wm6.1 on a smartphone? I thought 6.1 was just for PPC.

Guy_serious

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I just installed it on the European version of the t-mobile dash (The "Excalibur") and I've yet to see any program for resource access. Mostly this ROM is a face-lift for the home screen and the sms is now threaded like an IM. Other advantages are the bluetooth connection wizard, flash light player, and much faster connection times which you wouldn't expect off of a 201 mhz processor. WMexperts posted a video on youtube a while back with the other features on a BlackjackII. While the model is different the idea is basically the same.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cA1xTL1qu8

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Visit site
No Smartphones don't get the part of the OS that supports networking. Depending on your needs, your best bet will be Bluetooth networking, FTP, and remote desktop solutions. I'm able to get want I want accomplished with Bluetooth.

Update: Hey that was weird, I accidentally answered my old post. LOL

Last edited:

lilcallaway

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I thought you all might like this :D It works perfectly on the T-mobile Dash / Excalibur / HTC S620. You can download it using Torrents. Someone told me it would work on other HTC devices but I'm not sure.

Windows Mobile 6.1 HTC ROM (080314) By Kavana

Copy / Paste (finally!)

Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)

New home screen (pan left and right to check out missed calls, notifications like email, sms, etc.)

Change Master Security Code

Added text input settings

Recent Programs when pressing Start menu

Threaded SMS!

When you compose an email, or SMS, and start typing the name of the contact in the "To:" field, the contact names finally pop up like Windows Mobile Professional!

Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface

Has OMAP clock, Java VM, Flash Player Lite, Registry Editor, Office Mobile 6.1.

Or you can just go to the site where Kavana is and see all the other wonderful stuff your Dash can do. Other people have ROMS that they say are better than Kavana's too...To each their own

js9943

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
For Dash/Excalibur/HTC S620 Windows Mobile is 6.1 .

===========================================================

john smith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6