I think I lost my Internet Sharing for T-Mobile after moving to Lumia 925

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
When I had my HTC Radar 4G, I was able to freely use Internet Sharing without an cost. Now that I have the Lumia 925, it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it has anything to do with "upgrading" to the new micro-SIM card from my previous, very old (like maybe almost 10 years old) SIM card?

Anyone know or believe if that's the case? While we did change the family plan nearly a year ago, that was before I got the Radar. The plan does not include Mobile HotSpot, by the way.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you want to use your phone and make it a wifi hub for other devices, go to settings > internet sharing > turn it on and note down the password and take it from there.
If thats not what you are looking for, am sorry :(

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know all that from doing it on my Radar. I was just wondering why it's no longer usable on my Lumia 925. It's telling me to upgrade my plan and add Mobile HotSpot. I was thinking that there was something about my old Radar or old SIM card that allowed me to bypass all that for free.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Am not sure how Tmobile people lock things on the phone as I use a sim free phone and posted my response based on that, your best bet would be to visit/call the Tmobile Customer care and ask them for assistance :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers