[L640] Using T-Mobile prepaid in Mexico?

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about picking this up to use on vacation with T-Mobile. I have Sprint and the 635 so I would be going the prepaid route. Is this possible/affordable?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What exactly are you asking? If your TM account is good for roaming in Mexico?

I can't answer that, but don't forget your Wifi Calling! When you are on a wifi network, make sure your WFC app is set to "WFC Only," make and receive calls to and from US numbers just like you were sitting in Omaha.

dashauns

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile offers free data, although at edge speeds, and unlimited texting in mexico. Calls are .20 a minute. This is with the simple choice plan which has from 1gb of data to unlimited. It is technically not prepaid but is no contract so you can cancel at any time, like you would on a prepaid line. Honestly though depending on how long you would vacation, if you plan to stay with sprint it may be more cost effective to get a cheap phone and use a local mexico prepaid carrier. If you decide to switch to tmobil however you will always have a phone you can use while you travel if you get to mexico often or even annually, without having to switch phones or pay for prepaid minutes or an unlocked phone every time you travel. You could use wifi calling instead of paying .20 per minute for talk as well.

Edit
: I just went on sprint's website and they have what they call international value roaming. Unless you particularly want the features of the 640 or the wifi calling, sprint offers global roaming data and texting in mexico already.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb