Let's earn Tmobile support for 950/950xl

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This morning Microsoft announced the long awaited Lumia 950, and Lumia 950XL. Both set for November release. However, no carriers have announced support yet. As a T-mobile employee, and customer, I feel it crucial for Tmobile to carry this device. So, if you're a Tmobile customer, and want the 950 or 950XL, lets do this. Post on T-mobile and Microsofts facebook pages, Twitter and Instagram pages. Use #TmobileL950xl and #TmobileL950

Let's make this dream a reality! Show the world that Windows Phone is not dead!

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
here's the band support, from the MS spec page:

GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 296.0kbps
GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8kbps
WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz)
WCDMA max data speed DL: 42.2Mbps (Cat 24)
WCDMA max data speed UL: 5.76Mbps (Cat 6)
LTE FDD network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)
TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400MHz), Band 41 partially (2555-2575 MHz)
LTE max data speed DL: 300 Mbps (Cat 6)
LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps (Cat 6)

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It will be sold direct from MS unlocked, but I think it's a mistake to make AT&T the only carrier to offer them.

If all of the hipsters out there sporting the latest iPhone or Galaxy had to pay full price for them up front, there would be a lot less hipsters out there talking on the phone :p

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Legere, who was more than happy to jump for joy over the Apple and Nexus events, was completely silent on Twitter during the event, except for parroting that CNET article and some line about "who does exclusives anymore".

Honestly, that is pretty insulting to me as a customer because it shows how little he seems to care. I left Verizon because they kept playing games and expected better from the "uncarrier". He'll go off about the AT&T/Verizon duopoly but let the Apple/Google duopoly go on no problem. If it was indeed an "exclusive" then it's out of their control, but no one other than that person from CNET explicitly used the word and that article has since been corrected. If it's not actually an exclusive, and just a matter of AT&T is the only one carrying it, then he should be ashamed of himself because it means he deliberately turned it down and then tried to pass it off as Microsoft's failing.

Still something doesn't make sense, because even going the unlocked route, only the XL is listed on the Microsoft store website. I wish we would just get a straight answer.

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Rest somewhat easy, as there is still hope... CNET issued a correction.
"Correction, 1:54 p.m. PT:The deal between AT&T and Microsoft for the Lumia 950 is not an exclusive one."

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Legere, who was more than happy to jump for joy over the Apple and Nexus events, was completely silent on Twitter during the event, except for parroting that CNET article and some line about "who does exclusives anymore".

Honestly, that is pretty insulting to me as a customer because it shows how little he seems to care. I left Verizon because they kept playing games and expected better from the "uncarrier". He'll go off about the AT&T/Verizon duopoly but let the Apple/Google duopoly go on no problem. If it was indeed an "exclusive" then it's out of their control, but no one other than that person from CNET explicitly used the word and that article has since been corrected. If it's not actually an exclusive, and just a matter of AT&T is the only one carrying it, then he should be ashamed of himself because it means he deliberately turned it down and then tried to pass it off as Microsoft's failing.

Still something doesn't make sense, because even going the unlocked route, only the XL is listed on the Microsoft store website. I wish we would just get a straight answer.

From what I understand, what has happened in the past is that AT&T tells Microsoft, "Well, after your arm twisting I guess we'll carry it, but only if you don't let any of the other carriers have it." I do not know how it is in this case, but I'd bet a Fiesta to a Ferrari that this exclusivity (to whatever extent it is) is on AT&T, and nobody else.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Legere is making a big claim about MS being "paid off" by AT&T for exclusive Lumia 950/950XLs. It's simply a "timed exclusive", this thing happens on XBox all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb