T-Mobile messaging with multiple recipients on W10M

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I haven't been able to send MMS to multiple recipients for quite some time on my L640 on W10M Insiders' with T-Mobile. It always says that it couldn't send. I can send to individual people just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.

Joe_N

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Try fixing the mms APN settings.

MMS APN -
Change APN field to fast.t-mobile.com
Change MMSC (URL) to mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

I recently had the exact problem and this seemed to fix it. Several people recommended turning off international assist as well.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a wonky MMS event last night, I couldn't send MMS on my L1520. After editing the MMS APN settings over and over I ended up deleting them altogether and just kept the default data APN. After a reboot, all was well. wp_ss_20160220_0001.jpg

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried both removing those APNs and just using default (which I had before), and re-adding the APNs. Neither one actually worked.
MMS APN settings I used:
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
user name & pass: blank
type of sign-in info: none
IP Type: IPv4 (I also tried IPv6 and the default IPv4v6)
Proxy server: blank
Proxy port: blank
MMSC (URL): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMSC port: blank
Maximum MMS size: 1024

IFLYME

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings, system, messaging then select your T-Mobile Sim under the SIM section. Make sure the MMS Group Text is selected on.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I followed you fatclue_98, I had it working by adding in 600 for max size on my phone, but also just went back to default like you pictured...both worked for me.

venious

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't work either, so you aren't alone. I'm not going to say that Win10 release Preview has been a productivity time machine back to the past, but I guess I just did.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that to get the settings to stick you should send yourself a photo after you enter the APNs. I don't know if this is true but that is what I always do and haven't had MMS problems.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
You know, none of that worked. What did work was turning off stupid Wi-Fi calling! I realized it may have been related to this when I was able to send MMS when I was not at home. I'd been keeping Wi-Fi calling on "WiFi preferred" in hopes that WiFi calling would actually work - it hasn't - because my cell reception at home is not good. But it turns out that has done more harm than good!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You know, none of that worked. What did work was turning off stupid Wi-Fi calling! I realized it may have been related to this when I was able to send MMS when I was not at home. I'd been keeping Wi-Fi calling on "WiFi preferred" in hopes that WiFi calling would actually work - it hasn't - because my cell reception at home is not good. But it turns out that has done more harm than good!

This probably keeping your phone from (briefly) disabling WiFi to send the text. We have two older phones in the household that you have to be careful with (an HTC M8 and a 1020), if you leave WiFi on, and send a MMS text (attachment or group), it gets into a weird loop, where MMS cell data is shut down completely.
I can usually get the phone to reset the cell data for MMS by going in/out of airplane on these phones, sometimes several times each (the M8 is easier than the 1020), and also by sending the respective account a MMS text to itself (usually just a pic).
It's a pain, but the ONLY issue that the 1020 has had; the M8 has hung a couple of times. Both run fine, other than this oddity, but I think this is more of a general OS issue that will get fixed, eventually...
We saw this MUCH more frequently on T-Mobile, but occasionally on AT&T now too. I think this is due to net congestion on T-Mobile, but that's just a guess, it gets into a similar loop where it thinks MMS data isn't working, and the OS goes sideways...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro