How Do You Add New Keyboard Sliding Sounds?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You basically have to add a branch to the registry where the reference to the files (which can only be wav's) are stored.

How to make custom 'Keyboard Sliding Sounds'

Want to create your own keyboard sliding sounds?WM6 comes with three by default, and you can't add custom ones...

Or can you?

Using a registry editor, nav to:

\HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound

There are 3 keys: 0,1, and 2. These represent the three current sounds: piano, xylophone, and whatever the third is.

Make a copy of one of these and name it 4. Inside 4, set Default to the name for your sound. Then make the In and Out point to the appropriate wav's in the Windows directory.

Soft reset your device, then go to Start > Settings > Keyboard Sliding Sounds. Your new entry should appear in the list.

Hope it helps!!

Ryan

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=315333

Surur

HTC89T

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
I'm having problems trying to set the KSS on my phone I already installed the Registry on my phone and found the file path and my phone freezes when I try to copy the file and it's not recognizing the wav files.

Is there a particular way or program to record as a wav file? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

HTC89T

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
One of my files are 209K is that too large what do you think is the max. wav. file to use?

I've put it in the Window Registry and it still doesn't work

What I did I didn't copy one of the files and renamed it 4 I just hit MKDir. Was I suppose to do that? or does it need to be a copy?

After I did that I went to +Add Value+ and set one to Default, In, and Out than made the contents whatever the name I wanted to call it and made the In & Out content whatever the wav file names were and restarted the phone and it still didn't work. What am I missing or haven't done yet?

And that website I made an account and it wouldn't let me log on. I never received an activate link in my email or any emails from the site and I tried to make a new account with the same email and it said it was already being used. What's up with that?

Thanks for helping me out

HTC89T

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
This message pops up everytime I try to log-in, reply, download, or post on the XDA site. What's up with this?

xdamessageyf2.jpg

iiikid03

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
i tried all that but i just dont see where the link from a new string to the .wav file is? how will the new string in the registry know where to get the .wav file from?

ps. the slidng sounds.cab file worked good. but to make a custom one is hard. i hae the small .wav files. 2: in and out. how do i add them to a new folder in the \\\registry\HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSounds\4

by the way when i make the new strings for in and out, it asks me for the data value. what is th data value?

also when i try to cut from "my documents" to the registry file, it tells me that the function is not supported.

kahman

Jan 13, 2008
www.usacarry.com
Worked fine for me. I saved the cab to my storage card and it didn't work but it did when I moved it to the device. I can't decide betweem the lightsaber and transformer sound! haha

kahman

Jan 13, 2008
www.usacarry.com
Just save that CAB to your phone, run it which will install the sounds, and then go to Settings -> Personal -> Keyboard Sliding Sounds and they will be in the list.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs