1. echapman's Avatar
    We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 with all Daylight Savings patches installed. I have successfully synched with a Tilt, but discovered that appointments during Daylight Savings Time are all 1 hour off. New appointments entered on the Tilt are posted 1 off. I am in Eastern Standard Time. The time on the phone is displayed properly. I have also tried toggling Automatic change time zone and clock. I have done a hard reset. I have configured with a different Exchange account. I have even configured it with a total different Exchange server. I went to the local AT&T store and synched my Exchange account with another Tilt. I have searched every forum. One person mentioned something similar when synching with Google Calendar, but no one mentions Exchange being a problem. I spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T support - I'm the first to mention this issue. My concern is that people are entering appointments that are during DST, but have not verified (who would think to) the proper time on their desktop or webmail. What's really interesting is this. The 1 hour time shift does not occur only during the new 3 week window in the spring and the 1 week window in the fall from the new DST. It happens during the entire DST. That is what really doesn't make sense to me. My HTC 6800 Mogul (also WM6) does not have this problem. I have synched over 100 Treo 750s, 8525 (WM5 & WM6), 700w/wx, 8125s. I know that WM5 requires the DST patch. No big deal. As expected, that patch will not install on WM6.

    Am I crazy? No one else has discovered this despite being released for several months? Please, someone using EAS, create an appointment on their Tilt on June 19. Let me know if it displays correctly on the server (Outlook/Webmail).

    TIA,
    Eric
    01-05-2008 02:17 PM
  2. echapman's Avatar
    After talking with AT&T Business support, then Enterprise support, finally I was connected to HTC. They did not specifically acknowledge this as a known issue, but it was implied. He said that they would send this off to engineering to have a patch created. Seriously. The quality assurance team was caught napping. If I'm the first to discover this bug, does it get named after me?
    01-07-2008 09:23 PM
  3. echapman's Avatar
    Solution:
    Apparently, some phones/carriers have issues with automatic TimeZone management.

    Here's the solution that worked for me.
    Open the Phone app
    Goto Menu
    Options
    Turn off Automatic TimeZone

    Install an atomic clock app, such as vxUtil. Run Query under Functions - Time Service to time-a.nist.gov (the default time.nist.gov did not work).
    01-09-2008 03:05 PM
  4. trwm's Avatar
    I am having the same issue with my Sprint Touch Pro. Outlook 2007 SP1 shows all calendar entries correctly, however my phone shows all calendar entries between the two DST dates as 1 hour earlier. I am on eastern standard time.
    01-19-2009 05:18 PM
  5. Tmair's Avatar
    Has anyone found a reasonable fix for this, I cant belive these things cant handle the daylight savings time shift.
    Why do they have to link the calendar to the clock, they could solve this whole problem if they just let you put an event in for say 5:00 PM and let the clock do the time keeping, I mean it worked when we used paper planers right.
    Terry
    03-03-2009 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD