I did it finally jumped ship

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Hey yall after having my treo for almost 2 years I jumped ship and move from Verizon to ATT Tilt, what a move it was but I got ATT/cingular to pay all my termination fees and got four lines from att with Tilt, bb curve, and two razors for only 550, 250 after all the rebates. Im sure once the 800w comes out on att I will try it. Verizon was getting to expensive for me at 360 per month. Sorry about my ramblings.

H_D

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
Hey yall after having my treo for almost 2 years I jumped ship and move from Verizon to ATT Tilt, what a move it was but I got ATT/cingular to pay all my termination fees and got four lines from att with Tilt, bb curve, and two razors for only 550, 250 after all the rebates. Im sure once the 800w comes out on att I will try it. Verizon was getting to expensive for me at 360 per month. Sorry about my ramblings.

What type of deal did you get on your plan for the Tilt on AT&T ?

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Well lets see att/cingular are willing to credit my termination fees to my att account of 150-175 per phone I have 4 lines from vzw. I would rather have the money but the manager at att said most likely I wont have a bill for about 3 months which cool with me. How ever to get this deal and a good deal for the phones I told att that I would need two pda phones with unlimited pda and two regular phones with messaging. my new bill which I calculated last night should be about 200-225 after taxes which is way better then my 360 at vzw.

paysonbadboy

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well lets see att/cingular are willing to credit my termination fees to my att account of 150-175 per phone I have 4 lines from vzw. I would rather have the money but the manager at att said most likely I wont have a bill for about 3 months which cool with me. How ever to get this deal and a good deal for the phones I told att that I would need two pda phones with unlimited pda and two regular phones with messaging. my new bill which I calculated last night should be about 200-225 after taxes which is way better then my 360 at vzw.

$360 a month? Damn! I thought $200 for three phones was a lot!
That's one PDA with data and two regular cells. 2000 shared minutes, Alltel's circle of free 10 numbers and unlimited text, etc and unlimited internet for my 700wx (something that's NOT really unlimted it seems from Verizon).

Alltel has been cool to me. Guy in the store even says NOT to add the tethering for $10 more a month and to let them catch me doing it before I bother as they do NOT add extra fees for using the sh*t out of the internet.

I'm running my 700wx online practically all day long while working to listen to streaming audio. And tethering to laptop as I drive. No surprise fees.

PSM

May 30, 2005
thegobutton.blogspot.com
I had never heard of getting your new carrier to pay your ETF as an incentive to switch. I just made the Verizon --> ATT move as well, but I only have one phone. Is that common, or only for people who have multiple lines?

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
I had never heard of getting your new carrier to pay your ETF as an incentive to switch. I just made the Verizon --> ATT move as well, but I only have one phone. Is that common, or only for people who have multiple lines?

I think it is sprint offered the same deal to me except in my area sprint sucks, I would have to say if you have multiple lines and you talk to the store manager I would have to say most likely they will pay the eft for you of course in monthly credits, ( which is the same to me as cash). One thing I did notice though is if I went to walmart.com and signed up with att through walmart I could of saved myself about 400 in equipment charges cause they have online instant rebates however I still would've had to pay the eft's. Just some things to think about if your switching.

my att Tilt, blackberry curve and two razors, data and blackberry plan 70 dollars unlimited on both and 79 dollar family plan and family messaging for all phones 30 dollars, 10 dollars for extra 2 lines. So i'm thinking after taxes my bill should be about 225.

My vzw treo 700wx, Moto q, Amigo (kids Phone), Samsung regular flip phone.
100 dollar plan, two 50 dollar pda plans, 30 additional phone lines, text messaging for all phone 30 dollars plus acouple extra features that im unaware of.

PSM

May 30, 2005
thegobutton.blogspot.com
I think it is sprint offered the same deal to me except in my area sprint sucks, I would have to say if you have multiple lines and you talk to the store manager I would have to say most likely they will pay the eft for you of course in monthly credits, ( which is the same to me as cash). One thing I did notice though is if I went to walmart.com and signed up with att through walmart I could of saved myself about 400 in equipment charges cause they have online instant rebates however I still would've had to pay the eft's. Just some things to think about if your switching.
Well too late for me, I switched back in October when the Tilt came out. I was so glad to get rid of Verizon I didn't even care, but now that I think about it, that would have been a good strategy to try to get ATT to credit it. Of course it was like the last Tilt left in New York on launch day, so I would have had difficulty putting on the "well if you don't want my business..." act when there was a guy behind me offering me cash to give up my Tilt to him.

chestvrg#WP

Dec 13, 2007
caxo77.spaces.live.com
I jumped the ship my self from a treo 750 to my new beautiful at&t tilt. In addition, I spent countless hours reading the xda-developers' site to flash the ROM to the original HTC ROM that ships with the unit. The at&t tilt/HTC TyTN II/Kaiser is a killer phone, hands down...no competition!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I got the Tilt the day AT&T put it on sale, and I was coming from a Treo 750.
The biggest one feature that the Treo 750 was missing for me was WiFi of all things. Even GPS I hardly need but I appreciate that it's there.

I really like the Treo 750. So I was pretty concerned that I'd hate the Tilt slider design. As it turns out, I don't mind it at all.

I have the default AT&T ROM. I'm not in to re-flashing alternate ROMS.
But I did learn to:
A) Reset before it installs the AT&T CABs (customizations) to get a cleaner phone
B) There are a few ABSOLUTE MUST registry edits that have to be done to make this thing usable. Once I figured those out, I'm very happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium