I was able to flash my at&t tilt's ROM to the original "unlocked" HTC ROM, which is cleaned of all that at&t crap.

I read like 50 threads at the .xda-developers.com developers' forum in order to get it right
    click xda developers
    I want to know what is your experience with flashing your ROM if you have done so.
    02-09-2008 01:27 AM
    It's much faster, IMO. once you start flashing ROMs it tough to go back.

...of course, now I need to re-flash it back to ATT so I can get it properly reviewed. ;)
    02-12-2008 10:24 AM
    I purchased my Tilt this past Sunday. I've been a 700WX user for some time now and purchased this device just so that I could get it on the "Flashing" Action. I will probably get started this weekend and I can't wait.
    02-12-2008 02:44 PM
    I purchased my Tilt this past Sunday. I've been a 700WX user for some time now and purchased this device just so that I could get it on the "Flashing" Action. I will probably get started this weekend and I can't wait.
    It's pretty addicting, I'm telling you right now, set aside the whole day for learning and also for playing around. :D
    02-15-2008 02:19 PM
    Don't forget to install the keyboard fix file after you flash the ROM b/c the symbol buttoms on the original HTC TyTN II's layout are different than that of the tilt's.
    02-16-2008 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD