I bought my Tilt when they first came out last year. Overall, I've been very happy with it except that if I go somewhere where there isn't a signal and then leave, it doesn't pick up the signal again unless I shut the phone off and turn it back on. I was hopping that the ROM upgrade would fix that, and installed it last night. Before the upgrade, I used Sprite Backup to backup all my data, software, and settings, which I restored once the upgrade was complete. Everything appears to work except for two problems:
    1. It no longer displays the battery status on the main screen. I have to go to Settings/System/Battery to check on it. How can I fix that.
    2. After the restore, the mail area of the screen showed two accounts (Outlook and Gmail) as expected, with 1 Outlook message and 31 GMail messages. Clicking on the Outlook text brought up my Outlook account as expected, but clicking on the Gmail text only brought up the option to set up a new account. No matter what I did, I couldn't see anyway to access that account. I used the option to create a new Gmail account (I had to call it Gmail2), and now I see GMail2, Gmail, and Outlook listed, with the Gmail still showing 31 messages. Now, clicking on GMail2 gets to my account, but clicking on GMail still just gets me to the account set up screen. I want to remove the text saying 31 GMail messages (with limited space, I don't like wasting a line), but that account does show up in the account list and I see no way to remove the text display. How do I fix it?
    09-11-2008 08:52 AM
    I've solved part of the problem: if I turn on the HTCHomeplug option, I get back the old icon line that includes the battery status, but now the HTC icons (for the HTC Home buttons and HTCHomeplug) fill most of the home screen. I've ended up turning off the new HTC Home option so now it looks the same as before the ROM/WM 6.1 upgrade. Shame I couldn't just add the battery status to the new display.

I still have the e-mail account problem.
    09-11-2008 01:55 PM
    I've solved part of the problem: if I turn on the HTCHomeplug option, I get back the old icon line that includes the battery status, but now the HTC icons (for the HTC Home buttons and HTCHomeplug) fill most of the home screen. I've ended up turning off the new HTC Home option so now it looks the same as before the ROM/WM 6.1 upgrade. Shame I couldn't just add the battery status to the new display.

I still have the e-mail account problem.
    In the end, the solution to both problems was to re-do the ROM upgrade and NOT restore from the backup. It took some effort to manually re-install everthing afterwards, but that gave me the new interface with the battery icon, and fixed the e-mail problem.

I really love the changes, but the big deal is that my problem with the lost connection has totally gone away - instead of loosing the connection, requiring a reset, about twice a week, it hasn't happened a single time since the upgrade.
    10-23-2008 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD