Calendar not updating from Tilt

DougK

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
We have several 8525s and Tilts but only one is haveing an issue. When the user creates an appointment on his Tilt, it is not being updated to exchange server. Everything else is working just fine though. Email is working from the Tilt, appointments created in outlook are being sent to the phone. In the active sync window under attention required, all it says is it was unalbe to update the new appointments from the phone to exchange. Any ideas?

makeitbig_99

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
same issue

I'm having the same problem with my 8925 (Tilt) with updated 3.57.502.2 WWE ROM.
Outlook Email and contacts are working Calendar entries are not synching from device to Outlook. They are synching to the device if entered in Outlook.
ActiveSync says attention required and shows the appointments that aren't synching.
Any info out there?

Carlos

FYI.....the ROM update helped my battery life if anyone else was having poor battery performance. I keep bluetooth on and 3G on all day and wasn't even getting 8-10 hours before. Now it will go the whole day on about 1/2 battery.

Jeffp25

Dec 5, 2005
Visit site
I found the solution -works for me.

I browsed the AT&T forum and found that the change to DST was the culprit. The solution was to simply advance the time on the phone forwards 1 hr, then back 1 hr, and then save the "new" time. That took care of it.

Now I just need to resolve the cabled connection problem. (Niether my Vista PC nor my XP Pro PC see the phone when I plug in a USB cable.)

DougK

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Is the cable the correct one? I have several cables that will charge the phone when connected to a pc but the pc will not see the phone.

And I am checking on the DST time fix now. Thank you.

makeitbig_99

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Jeffp25!
Rolling the clock forward and then back an hour worked! All my "problem" appointments have synced and updated!

Thanks again!

Also, for your problem, make sure ActiveSync is installed on the PC. Mine wouldn't see it or charge it unless it was installed. You don't have to set up the connection/relationship to sync via the cable, but in order to see it I had to install latest AS on the PC.

donc36

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I browsed the AT&T forum and found that the change to DST was the culprit. The solution was to simply advance the time on the phone forwards 1 hr, then back 1 hr, and then save the "new" time. That took care of it.

Now I just need to resolve the cabled connection problem. (Niether my Vista PC nor my XP Pro PC see the phone when I plug in a USB cable.)

Thank you so much for sharing this!! Solved my calendar issue!

Fiske

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Jeffp25 said, "I browsed the AT&T forum and found that the change to DST was the culprit. The solution was to simply advance the time on the phone forwards 1 hr, then back 1 hr, and then save the "new" time. That took care of it."

For the past seven months I have wasted precious hours calling AT&T’s, HTC’s and Microsoft’s “tech support” in trying to solve various problems with my new (and getting real old by the minute) AT&T Tilt. I had previously owned an iPAQ 1940 Pocket PC (which I would sync through ActiveSync [various versions] to Outlook 2003 almost every night on my desktop PC) and a Nokia cell phone for several years. When the technology finally came about, I wanted to combine what I had into a single device. After months of online research for the “right” choice of PDA/cell phone, I decided to purchase the AT&T Tilt in August of 2008.

From almost day one, I have had various problems ranging from, (“tech support”) “Well, you have an outdated operating system. You need to upgrade your ROM from 6.0 to Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional.” (So, why didn’t someone do that before they sold it to me, or at least tell me about the upgrade that was needed before I bought it?) to a Daylight Saving Time/Calender/syncing problem. After months of trying to keep up with making notations of what I had tried to do on my own, or what “tech support” suggested that I do to fix a particular problem, and failing, I’ve given up the note-taking and decided to give this blog a try.

I too have now been having problems on my Tilt with the Calendar syncing properly with Outlook 2007 on my Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I had a problem during this same seven-month time period with my Outlook 2003 program and after many, many emails and calls back and forth, the final Microsoft tech finally had to upgrade me to Outlook 2007 at no cost. But that still has not solved my Tilt problem.

In looking back (and forward) at certain months in the Calendar on my Tilt, I found that all previous Calendar entries would randomly change and go back one hour before November 2, 2008 (the end of Daylight Saving Time). I also noticed that the same thing would happen simultaneously for Calendar entries on March 8, 2009 (the beginning of Daylight Saving Time) and after. In September 2008, after calling AT&T and having their “tech” fail to come up with a solution, they transferred me to HTC. After much wasted time with that “tech,” he gave me the time zone change “trick” (I see that some on this blog were told to change the time by an hour and it “worked”). I call it a “trick” because both, the time zone change and the hour change, only lasts for a while until my Tilt randomly decides it wants to revert back to the wrong Calendar times again before November 2, 2008 and after March 7, 2009. This happens randomly when the Tilt is in the standby mode (which is the mode that I keep it in most of the time). I have found that I can “force” the problem dates to change to the problem times by powering the Tilt off and then back on again.

Now with Daylight Saving Time again just around the corner (in a couple weeks on March 8, 2009) I wanted to see if anyone has come up with a “final answer.” Please help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster