At&t's Aio Wireless going nationwide

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried to look up their plans but it wouldn't show it unless I tried entering a zip within its current service area, which I am too lazy to look up.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I still have a little over a year to go on my 920. Too much to jump now, but will keep an eye on it. Maybe for the wife as well, she'll be up with Sprint sooner.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If the price was $50 a month, I would probably switch. But I'm paying $45 a month with Straight Talk right now for AT&T service. Sure, there's no LTE, but I have reached speeds over 6Mbps with HSPA+, so I'm pretty happy there as well. I don't want to pay $10 more just for LTE.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I might do this actually. The $70/month (more data than my current 3GB/month) for about $20 less and about $200 for ETF. Over a year, that'll be (alittle) cheaper and I can use my 920 on it... I just wonder if it'll have things like Tethering...

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The only plan I'd go for is the $70 a month because of the 7GB. Instead of the $55 plan, I'd go for the $60 GoPhone plan with 2GB of data, and you can another 1GB for $10 more. After getting discounts on refills, my monthly cost is $52.20 a month.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
WhiteNiteLite & HeyCori

I'm going to kill two birds with one stone. The $55 not only gives you quasi-LTE (throttled at 8 megs), but tethering is allowed. I got my $99 L620 last week and I'm very impressed with the network, the CS and the phone itself. I had Straight Talk last year and I bailed when the data service started to really suck. Unlimited means nothing when that's what you're getting, nothing.

It's weird because when I do a speed test, it always shows my ISP as being "Jasper Services", not AT&T. Put the AIO SIM in a locked AT&T phone and it asks for an unlock code. Put an AT&T SIM in my 620 and it's the same story. There is definitely a difference because when my company iPhone 5 shows "searching", my 620 has 4 bars. I don't think the Nokia radios are THAT good.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Been considering this as my 920 on Tmo doesn't get the best reception in the places that matter most, my home and at work. @fatclue_98, what kind of speeds are you getting from a speed test and how does data speed feel in actual use? Is there anything specific that had to be done to enable tethering? Cant find any mention of it on their site. Thanks.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Been considering this as my 920 on Tmo doesn't get the best reception in the places that matter most, my home and at work. @fatclue_98, what kind of speeds are you getting from a speed test and how does data speed feel in actual use? Is there anything specific that had to be done to enable tethering? Cant find any mention of it on their site. Thanks.

Speeds vary of course, Miami has slower speeds than most places because of the bandwidth traffic day or night. My iPhone 5 has LTE from AT&T and D/L speeds are usually about 2200 kbps. My L620 has faux G and it's usually around 1650. As for tethering, turn on Internet Sharing, set your device's SSID & password. That's it. No hacking, no muss, no fuss.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Speeds vary of course, Miami has slower speeds than most places because of the bandwidth traffic day or night. My iPhone 5 has LTE from AT&T and D/L speeds are usually about 2200 kbps. My L620 has faux G and it's usually around 1650. As for tethering, turn on Internet Sharing, set your device's SSID & password. That's it. No hacking, no muss, no fuss.

Thanks, thats a step up from the 0.31MB download I got about 30 mins ago at my office! Tmo has never been good here so thats to be expected but it still spoils the advantage of having a phone like the 920. As long as I can get a consistent connection at a good enough speed for browsing and the occasional tethering it may work out ok.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site

How are the speeds after throttling? I spend so much time on WiFi, that I'm strongly considering the $40 option (which you apparently can get if you bring your own phone).

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They advertise themselves as a contract free carrier. However officially per policy you must have service with them for 4 months to get a phone that you paid for, clear of subsidies, to get it unlocked. That is a form of contract plain and simple. I'm very fortunate I suppose that my 620 was unlocked, and it should be the case for all of their phones, but they are running a different network ID on ATTs infrastructure just so they can foist these shady policies on you.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't Tmo do the same, requiring 90 days service to unlock their phones? Read a few comments about how hard it was to get the 521 unlocked from them. Won't affect me though as I'll be using my 920.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I think it still works for me as I won't be buying their device, getting real tired of network errors and poor reception with Tmo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs