1020 photo storage questions

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this information anywhere, and I even read the Nokia whitepaper on the 1020. There has been some criticism of the 32GB storage in the 1020, but what I haven't seen is information about whether this is a problem or not. Has anyone seen information about the amount of storage taken up when you push the shutter button? The camera records two images: a 5MP and a 3XMP (based on aspect ratio). But what are those file sizes? Sharing a 5MP shot to Facebook won't take long, but I assume I will want to upload all of my full resolution copies to my computer or SkyDrive, how long will that take? Nokia's great Smart Shoot app works on the 1020 according to one of the demos I've seen. You just have to load Smart Camera rather than Pro Camera. How much space do those 5 images take up in a 1020?

None of these issues is a deal breaker for me with the 1020, but I expect that users will need to change their photo storage behavior with this camera.

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Never had problems with SkyDrive either. In fact, I love the way it syncs across my PC, surface, and phone. All my pictures - full sized btw - are right there on whatever Windows device I'm currently using.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I stumbled across an item on Cnet in which Maggie Reardon interviewed a Nokia rep and was told the 1020 will hold 1700 full resolution pictures.That would certainly be sufficient for my trip upcoming trip to Europe. Of course, that has to mean none of the memory is taken up with apps or music or videos.

I love SkyDrive too and I already have it upload full resolution copies of my pictures. I plan to take my Surface Pro to Europe and would the 1020 too. I'm just curious about how getting the big files to SkyDrive might work, particularly in rural places where Wi-Fi is spotty (that is not a uniquely European problem) or non-existent. If this information about what 32GB will hold is correct, being out of range of Wi-Fi for a few days shouldn't be too big an issue.

Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you choose the first option, file size should be around 1mb.. so.. you will be able to store quite a few of these. I rarely shoot in full resolution on my 808..

sIgcfkv.jpg

1020 will hold 1700 full resolution pictures.

That depends on how many apps and music you have..

I have 35gb of music on my 808.. so for me the 1020 will be able to hold zero images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos