14 features you should disable on Windows 11

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has been extremely busy bundling in all these useless features.
Good review. Can't find the widget feed settings though, all i'm shown is three checks for easily hiding the widgets from the taskbar

Reactions: sonicscooter

sonicscooter

Feb 14, 2024
Visit site
You know it's bad when a Windows-centric website, such as Windows Central, is urging Microsoft users to disable 14 – yes, fourteen – features that are included and/or enabled by default in Windows 11.

I just don't understand why users tolerate Microsoft doing this kind of thing rather than ‘voting with their feet’, especially when you see a considerable number of comments airing their disgruntlement regarding Microsoft's decisions and ignorance of user feedback except from big businesses.

pochrist

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
While most of these are valid, #10 seems like filler to me... I never been distracted by the Date and time... The only person I can even imagine whow would be in such a predicament would be someone on death row, or the recipient of bad news from a doctor saying you got a few days to live...

Jeffery L

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
When I got 23H2, I noticed that Edge was always running in the background, even when Edge was closed. This was taking considerable resources (~15% of battery). Disabling Copilot allowed the Edge processes to end when I closed Edge. This is a huge efficiency gain. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria