2017 Surface Pro Pen Issues

Chris_NH

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I bought a 2017 Surface Pro and 2017 Surface Pro pen last summer. The Surface Pro has been excellent. Maybe my favorite PC ever. But, I and over 1900 other 2017 Surface Pro users have been less than satisfied in the way the new pen and pro work together. Specifically, the tilt detection function is erratic, which results in erratic parallax correction, which results in a frustrating experience for devoted Windows 10 inkers. The title of the Microsoft Forum thread (currently with 676 replies) that addresses this issue is "Surface Pro - intermittent pen inaccuracy when hand is on the screen." Are you aware of this thread and issue? Can you provide any insight into whether Microsoft has plans to provide some sort of fix, either via new firmware, a new pen, or even the ability to disable tilt detection? By using my old Surface Pro 4 pen I can work around the issue. But I'm still deeply disappointed in Microsoft for not even acknowledging that their 2017 Surface Pro/Windows 10/Inking fans are struggling with this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital