3 days to get to 20% battery!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to see how long I could go without charging and not changing my usage any. I made it 3 full days and the battery saver didn't kick in until just before I went to bed on the 3rd day.

It sure does beat my old 920. Some days I wasn't sure if I could cross the street without it going 100% to dead.

Yunnnn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell if I'm using my phone too much or the battery on my phone is flawed :straight:

I'm only getting approximately 20 hours or so of battery life upon full charge, the average discharge rate according to the Battery app is about 5-6% an hour.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is usually about 1-3% whenever I check it. Signal strength can have a big impact. I usually have a strong signal at home and at work.

However, 20 hours seems rather low for a 1520. Do you play any games?

Michael Simpkins

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So I decided to see how long I could go without charging and not changing my usage any. I made it 3 full days and the battery saver didn't kick in until just before I went to bed on the 3rd day.

It sure does beat my old 920. Some days I wasn't sure if I could cross the street without it going 100% to dead.

This phone / battery life continues to impress, I'm two-days + at the moment. Nice!!

wp_ss_20140216_0001.png

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
that is impressive. Now they just need to release this device on T-Mobile!!!
i dont think they will, they will probably release the upgrade of the 925, maybe the 1025? with 41 mp camera hopefully and 2k display? now it might not even have numbers, since the icon is the first nokia without a number on it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hows ur usage with the phone? Heavy or moderate? Light? That's impressive I wonder if its the large battery or the quad core that's helping with that life.i hope the Lumia icon can produce half of that

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That is an impressive number!!

My wife and i had a talk about our sell phones, and I think we are both comfortable with waiting until MWC since we have waited this long. If nothing gets announced or at least rumored to get us excited, we will pick from the best of the AT&T litter, and of course I will get the L1520. That battery life is a monster advantage.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
i dont think they will, they will probably release the upgrade of the 925, maybe the 1025? with 41 mp camera hopefully and 2k display? now it might not even have numbers, since the icon is the first nokia without a number on it.

From what I read the Icon was named instead of numbered by specific request from Verizon, there hasn't been any indication that the numbering system has been abandoned by Nokia, however, with the pending acquisition by Microsoft naming conventions may change.

Yunnnn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine is usually about 1-3% whenever I check it. Signal strength can have a big impact. I usually have a strong signal at home and at work.

However, 20 hours seems rather low for a 1520. Do you play any games?

Nope, I don't game on my 1520 :(.

I'm only using 3G and have disabled LTE/4G on my phone. The signal is relatively weak where I work, might be the cause :eek:

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with the battery life. I can easily go 2 days without charging. I have tested it and gone three days with moderate to light usage. This is the first phone I have ever had that allowed for complete confidence in power availability. I no longer have to check battery status and worry if I will make to the end of the day. There are some nice battery apps on the market and I have one, but it is just for looks.

I always leave BT, LTE/4G, and Loc on. I even have screen timeout set to 5 minutes. I rarely use WiFi, so that stays off. A normal day for me and the phone doesn't need charged every day. I am usually at about 70-75%

On heavy usage days with lots of music streaming and maybe diving into a new game, I will need to charge at night with only about 50-60% remaining.
A couple times I spent the day in the garage working on cars. The phone will stream music over LTE to my little BT speakers for hours on end. Twice, I have had to plug the speakers in to charge because they died, but the phone was still kicking.

Michael Knowles2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
longest battery life I've gotten so far is 30hrs and that was without pushing it to where I absolutely had to charge. I live in an area where my signal strength is constantly fluctuating and bouncing between 3G & 4G.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone estimate how long on-screen time you have? When browsing the internet, do you get 2, 5 or 8 hours out of the battery?

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone estimate how long on-screen time you have? When browsing the internet, do you get 2, 5 or 8 hours out of the battery?

I do this weekly.

Browsing on IE over 4G, Facebook, play games, Tapatalk, all with my hot red Purity Pro over bluetooth on all the time, I get about 6-7 hours at one go.

Then, I plug in my DC-19 and continue on with another 2-3 hours of same usage. Or until I have to get back to the real world.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't tell if I'm using my phone too much or the battery on my phone is flawed :straight:

I'm only getting approximately 20 hours or so of battery life upon full charge, the average discharge rate according to the Battery app is about 5-6% an hour.

That's normal for a smartphone with multi-tasking abilities I believe.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That is an impressive number!!

My wife and i had a talk about our sell phones, and I think we are both comfortable with waiting until MWC since we have waited this long. If nothing gets announced or at least rumored to get us excited, we will pick from the best of the AT&T litter, and of course I will get the L1520. That battery life is a monster advantage.

Oh, Snow....

When you finally do get a new device, you'll have to make a new thread and get it pinned. It will be a monumental day. You've been talking about an upgrade for years it seems.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Good question. Lets test it, I'm sitting here doing homework and can give it a shot.

1. Music will be streamed from Nokia Mix Radio over 4G/LTE connection. External speaker connected through headphone jack (25/30).
2. Xbox One SmartGlass will be used as the active application to prevent screen timeout.
3. System Battery Saver is disabled.
4. Display Battery Saver is disabled.
5. WiFi disabled.
6. Location service active.
7. A screen shot will be taken with time and date at 99%-100%
8. The test will begin with the battery register at 99%-100%.
9. The test will end with the battery register between 0%-20% or it shuts off.
10. A final screen shot will be taken with time and date at lowest notable level.
11. Communication during testing will be noted.

The test has begun as of: 10:14am, 2/17/2014

Last edited:

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Good question. Lets test it, I'm sitting here doing homework and can give it a shot.

1. Music will be streamed from Nokia Mix Radio over 4G/LTE connection. External speaker connected through headphone jack (25/30).
2. Xbox One SmartGlass will be used as the active application to prevent screen timeout.
3. System Battery Saver is disabled.
4. Display Battery Saver is disabled.
5. WiFi disabled.
6. Location service active.
7. A screen shot will be taken with time and date at 99%-100%
8. The test will begin with the battery register at 99%-100%.
9. The test will end with the battery register between 0%-20% or it shuts off.
10. A final screen shot will be taken with time and date at lowest notable level.
11. Communication during testing will be noted.

The test has begun as of: 10:14am, 2/17/2014

Test info and results in dedicated thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/264654-battery-tests-results-not-discussion.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)