930 Big problems

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends,

I bought the 930 (before I ordered 830 but then changed it to 930). I am die hard fan of windows mobile so returned to it after 3 years (last mobile was iphone x).

just after buying 930 within 24 hours, I have the following problem,

1) outlook mail (has 4 different emails linked) is crashing and freezing a lot. It always crashes at first time, but when I re-launch the outlook application, then it opens but gets freeze. I can not even open the mail. this is very frustrating for me.

Rest all other is fine. it is always a delay for opening the Appa but it is ok for me. I tried on-off and now I am resetting the mobile.

The windows 10 os build is product name 1609 (is this the latest build for 930?) I have checked the check update tab in setting and nothing appears there. it says that, the phone is uptodate.

How to install new latest build on 930 using MacBook??

How to solve this problem. Please suggest me some solutions, I am frustrated.

Thank to all in advance.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back :)

I'm still using my 930, more than 4 years now. I'm on the latest build of windows 10, version says 1703, OS Build: 15063.1266

I would do a hard reset with buttons (look it up, "how to hard reset a windows phone using buttons"). This way you don't need a computer at all. It will most likely go back to 8.1, but you should opt in Windows Insider program and choose Release preview, Just fixes, apps and drivers.

This way it will update to the latest version of windows 10, at least it should. I did this exact same thing on mine. Email app works flawlessly on my phone. After everything is done, remember to update all the apps in store.

Good luck

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. but I just did the reset. Now my build is like previous 1607. after installing windows insider it is saying that, "you will need to upgrade to a newer version of windows to insider builds". But nothing comes. I check the phone update it is saying that my phone is uptodate. Can you help me please?? how to get the latest version build? even through usb, computer.

Thanks.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
@Axeelant - Can you explain in detail the procedure how updating to the latest build??
I live in Italy, so may be it is not available in my country (Italy) ?? where do you live, USA??

So you are suggesting that, I should go back to 8.1 and then again update to windows 10 through upgrade advisor ??

Thank You.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I live in Slovenia, so we are neighbours really :) If I got it then so should you.

Are you 100% in Windows Insider Release preview and not some other ring?
In my case the phone did go back to 8.1 and then updated to windows 10 through upgrade advisor.

In case all the above still doesn't help, I'll send you the link to Windows Device recovery tool. With that you should be able to download the latest build straight from your PC into your Phone.

Let me know if you need it.
Regards

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh..thats great ... I think, I will do the windows recovery tool and I hope I will be able to get the new update. Else, I will write to you again. thanks for the help.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey friend,
I did use the windows recovery tool to go to 8.1 and then I upgrade to windows 10. Initially I was on version 1511 (1518436003) and then I just thought to check if there is any update and so I receive one update and it is now again to 1607 (10.0.14393.1066) so obviously the number is more the build is higher?right?? like 1511 lower than 1607? but you are on 1703 ?? how? can you help me pls?? it is better to talk on mobile WhatsApp (+39 3292867271) Thank You. Pls help me.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok I guess you are not far off now. I'd just live it as it is. See here:

Sketch.jpg

I think you have all the latest features and security updates, so don't worry. You can see the timeline changes here:

https://changewindows.org/

And yes, higher number is newer, but I think you are updated to August this year.

Take care

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just last one question, WhatsApp web for lumia 930 is not working, why?? it connects and in 5 mins. it disconnects. any suggestions to solve this issue??
Thanks in advance.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Your phone must be connected all the time for this to work. See phone settings so that WhatsApp can run in background, if it doesn't it will disconnect. Also, keep it online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss