950 Edge/ bookmarks and Reading list does not sync between devices.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
When I add items to Reading list on laptop no syncing takes place so I can read on the phone and vice a versa, all machines and phone have syncing ON, both in Edge and Microsoft account settings.
Bookmarks don't update either, any changes made via phone or laptop are not replicated/synced between machines.
Trying to utilise this feature but with no success, I have tried the empty/clear browsing history etc on all machines this does not initiate a response as it has done for some with same issue.
3 machines all running windows 10, all fully updated, cant sync EDGE bookmarks or reading list?? Confusing.
950 and x2 Lenovo T430's
Tried everything, how and when does syncing take place?
Instant would be nice but approx estimate on time it takes to sync would be good if anyone can help?
Spent an entire evening trying to get this to work but nothing I try helps, tried turning syncing off, restarts on all machines, turning syncing on then restarts. I want to read items on the phone that I have dumped into reading list via the laptop.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have synced bookmarks between my laptop and my phone fine. It does take a while, maybe about 15-30 minutes, but it works.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have synced bookmarks between my laptop and my phone fine. It does take a while, maybe about 15-30 minutes, but it works.

I have always had very inconsistent results getting favorites to sync. For example, I've been waiting most of the day and they still have not synched between my W10 tablet and my 950. Both are on the same MS account and both have all sync options that I am aware of enabled.

I find it interesting that the bookmarks functions in Edge (import, export, sync, edit) are so poorly executed more than a year into this saga. I don't mind using Edge... it is much more touch friendly than Chrome.... but common favorite functions like the ones I mentioned need to actually work.

Paul

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Not managed to get the reading list to work/sync, and my favourites on the laptop that I add to on a daily basis don't sync with the phone, what a total disaster.

Sandra Milo

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have mixed results. The reading list in Edge syncs between my 950xl and my SP3 with two exceptions. The ones that don't sync have 'reading list' thumbnails in Edge on the SP3 and do not appear at all on the phone. The ones that sync have thumbnails from the article.

The reading list App on the phone does not sync at all.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am having limited success now, all Favourites are now syncing if I add a favourite but not if I remove 1,if I remove 1 it only removes it from that device and this is not replicated on the other, reading list still never syncs... tried everything. Thankyou for your observations I will look into this,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786