950 is the last flagship in Lumia series?

Teddy Rosganandi

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys, do you think the lumia 950 is the last Lumia flagship series and will be replaced by surface phone?
because I think the lumia series number is based on the clock time, you will see in the picture of every lumia, in the lock screen, there is a clock set to the series of the phone itself, like
5:20
7:30
6:40
9:50
etc.
and if its true, then the x50 series is the last series because there is no 9:60, and there is no way 10:00 or 10:30 or 10:50 will be the next flagship because there are different level of phone, lumia flagship always start with 9 (except microsoft want to break the rule :p)
and that explain too, why microsoft just jump from 940 to 950, beside the reason of Windows 10 mobile, I think because they really want to kill the lumia brand and replaced it with another (surface phone for example)
this phone is still the a remnant of nokia, maybe next year microsoft will build a new phone from scratch and make a new branding for phone line up, that is when the surface phone comes up :)

what's your opinion guys?

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'd expect the next lumia's will be drastically different if not rebranded. The surface team is heading up the development of the next phone so I'd expect it'll be something completely different.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The clock and model name match was just a cool thing they did on he box but it's not a requirement. They could go to 990 and beyond theoretically.

As for Surface Phone, I was thinking it could potentially coexist since a low end Surface Phone probably won't fly too well considering the premium nature.

- almost anything can be induced to fly given a suitable amount of high explosive. -raspabalsa -

Teddy Rosganandi

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd expect the next lumia's will be drastically different if not rebranded. The surface team is heading up the development of the next phone so I'd expect it'll be something completely different.

I hope so, Lumia 950s is a good phone but not a "WOW" phone, I believe surface team will nailed it again like when they first show up the surface book

The clock and model name match was just a cool thing they did on he box but it's not a requirement. They could go to 990 and beyond theoretically.

As for Surface Phone, I was thinking it could potentially coexist since a low end Surface Phone probably won't fly too well considering the premium nature.

- almost anything can be induced to fly given a suitable amount of high explosive. -raspabalsa -

like I said Microsoft can be break the rule, but I dont know if it's good as it is a Lumia tradition, and for surface premium nature, you know that surface line up have a different spec for different price, and maybe they can do this on phone, remember microsoft just want to make 3 type of phone in the future, budget phone, phone for business and flagship phone, It's easy for surface phone to go in without losing it premium point because it's delivered as premium phone just with select-able spec.
if microsoft still releasing lumia along with surface phone, they will make a confusing branding in microsoft smartphone line-up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb