950 XL overheating after updating to 15063.540

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

The Lumia 950 XL has been heating up before according to all the previous threads. After updating to the 15063.540 build I noticed that the phone never really goes cool even when the screen is off and when i use for example Edge the processor part gets really hot (sometimes I can even smell hot electronics..) This of course means atrocious battery life.

I have everything except mobile data turned off. I tried turning mobile data off as well and that seemed to make a difference: the heating stopped. So I wonder if mobile data is at fault here?

Anyone else having issues with this build and heat? I won't stop using mobile data, that can't be the solution to this.

Henri

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday I got a notification about reaching my data limit. I checked and "System" is using most of my data. I read up that others have had the same issue of "System" hogging up lots of cellular data. I tried the one solution I could find (turn of message syncinc across devices) and that didn't help. Only turning cellular data off helps.

Has there been any new solutions to this?

Henri

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

So I did a hard reset on the phone and set it up from backups and my Live account. Seems to work now, not heating up at all, battery lasts longer and cellular data usage is normal.

When I browse with Edge or watch videos on TubeCast the processor area still gets hot but the device cools down quickly after use.

Henri

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo