$999 for surface pro (2017) or surface laptop?

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I not have windows tablet ever and $999 with same spec is so confused. Intel Core i5 and 128GB SSD.

Definitely personal preference. Do you want a traditional laptop (Surface laptop) or would you use a Tablet and Stylus more (Surface Pro)? The pro is also smaller and easier to carry around. Same specs. They will perform very similar if not identically.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
both are very similar so it depends if you prefer the laptop form or the tablet form.

both can use a pen. but Surface Pro has better sensitivity and latency. at this point, it's unclear if Surface Laptop has the same digitizer and hardware because if it did, they probably would've touted the improved pen for that. Microsoft has stated that tilt, better sensitivity, and better latency of the pen only works on the new Surface Pro and not on older Surface Pro machines (though tilt may be added in a future firmware). but since the Surface Laptop is a laptop that doesn't fold all the way back, using a pen may be awkward.

both have almost the same features and specs.

The Surface Pro does have a MicroSD slot for expanded storage. I put a 128 GB card in my Surface Pro 4. I don't think the Surface Laptop has a MicroSD slot.

I'm a Surface Pro user all the way. The most intriguing aspect for the Surface Laptop for me is the colored metal and being able to open it one-handed.

Shrave

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
4. I don't think the Surface Laptop has a MicroSD slot.

I'm a Surface Pro user all the way. The most intriguing aspect for the Surface Laptop for me is the colored metal and being able to open it one-handed.

Correct. Surface Laptop does not have a MicroSD card.

And yep, you are paying for the sleek looks and battery life. If it indeed gets 14.5 hrs, that's pretty impressive. If you are looking for basic Office application use and media consumption, laptop is great. If you are an artist, student, etc. who uses the pen to take notes/draw, then Surface Pro all the way.

OriginalLucy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I want one of these so bad, but, the cost is holding me back. I really want the surface pro. I have a windows 10 laptop by Dell, but, I really really want the surface pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99