A few battery observations

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all, my Lumia 822 is great! It used to have superb battery life. If I moderately use my phone (WPCentral, email, phone, SMS, web browsing, games, and more) I easily got half the battery left by the end of the day.

Well, this all changed. I used my car charger briefly to boost my phone's life (because Asphalt 7 does kill the battery!). After I got home I charged my phone fully for the next day. Then after I woke up, I put my phone in standby. I was gaming on my PC for a bit (aka 3 hours :D) and I got an SMS. I checked my phone and what do I see? About 50% of charge left!! So I quickly charge my phone again and after its done charging I put it in standby thinking that it would solve the issue itself... Now, the battery still discharges quickly but it's better than last time.

So in conclusion, the car chargers make your phone battery horrible (for a while)!

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, car chargers can affect your device's battery life because the plugs are VERY prone to being shorted and other such physical factors. I had my Lumia 920 and my Lumia 710 charging in my car for a 10 minute drive. After getting home, I unplugged both phones, set them aside, and used my desktop for a while. I later checked on them to find my Lumia 920 completely dead and my Lumia 710 sporting the "goodbye" screen that shows up when battery is almost gone or the phone is turning off.

So yeah, your conclusion is correct.:wink:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but what you really learned is that you either have a defective battery or charger, or there is a voltage issue in your car for which the charger is not automatically correcting. As much as I think the 822 truly sucks, the one aspect that is above average is battery life. Plugging in via the VZW charger in my car works just fine all the time. It also has no effect at all on subsequent discharge or recharge cycles.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, car chargers can affect your device's battery life because the plugs are VERY prone to being shorted and other such physical factors. I had my Lumia 920 and my Lumia 710 charging in my car for a 10 minute drive. After getting home, I unplugged both phones, set them aside, and used my desktop for a while. I later checked on them to find my Lumia 920 completely dead and my Lumia 710 sporting the "goodbye" screen that shows up when battery is almost gone or the phone is turning off.

So yeah, your conclusion is correct.:wink:

I am sorry but the conclusion is not correct. Abnormal drain after being connected to a car charger is not normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss