Added Music Doesn't Appear in Groove

jonnymay

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

I apologize in advance if this issue has been commented/solved previously, I haven't seen this exact problem mentioned in the forums.

I have the Lumia 950 with a 128Gb MicroSD card installed. All of my music is stored on the SD card, a total of approx. 104Gb of data files. Yeah, it took just about forever for all the music to get indexed and show up in Groove.

About a week ago, I bought a CD, ripped it to my PC and copied the files onto the SD card of my 950. Regardless of how many times I go into Settings and "force sync" my music, that album has yet to appear in my Groove music collection. I can find it using File Explorer, but Groove just won't index it. I also tried dragging the files to my OneDrive Music folder. Still no joy.

Anybody else have a problem like this? Anybody find a fix/workaround?

Thanks,

JMay

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen it, and like you, I've got a ton of music on my SD card. Just to make sure, you are moving the music directly from your PC to your SD card, not going to OneDrive first and then trying to download it to your phone? It sound like you've been successful moving the first 104GB of music over, are you doing anything different? Is there a chance you moved it to the device and not to the SD card? Just grasping at straws here.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem. I think I sort of found a work-around that is due to the SD card not syncing properly.

Try copying the new music files onto the phone storage in the 'music' folder where it will be recognized ok, and then moving them back onto the SD card - this should force Groove to recognize the files.

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
By default my Lumia 950 with Groove was set to only show 'streaming' music. Have you tried this?

Go to Albums, Artists, and Songs click Refine (the text in the filter). This will take you to the filter menu. Either click All or just select Available offline if you don't intend to stream from OneDrive.

Hope this helps.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem for a long time, both with both my 950 and HTC one before it. My music just wouldn't show up in groove. It seems to have gotten better but I don't know why. Hopefully your does too. If it makes you feel any better MS is aware of the issue too the point that they started a thread in their super forums for it.

jonnymay

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's a good point. I think I actually did *not* copy from PC to SD, but actually d/l from OneDrive. I am going to try a direct transfer and see if that helps. Thanks for bringing that up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria