Advice needed: Buy Surface Pro X (sq2) or wait

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm looking to replace my iPad Pro 12.9 (great tablet) with an actual computer. Mainly productivity focused. I'll be running the Office suite, doing internet research, YouTube, & such. Portability is also a big factor for me. I have an iMac at home for heavier lifting.
Should I wait to see if Microsoft announces a newer version of the SPX or just pull the trigger on one now?
Thanks!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
With speculation from Dan/Zac that a new Pro X will have a substantially more powerful chip, and it possibly being only a couple of months away, I recommend waiting.

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
With speculation from Dan/Zac that a new Pro X will have a substantially more powerful chip, and it possibly being only a couple of months away, I recommend waiting.

Thank you for the reply & the information. I definitely don't want buyer's remorse a month or two after my purchase. Looks like I'll be wailing a little while longer.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply & the information. I definitely don't want buyer's remorse a month or two after my purchase. Looks like I'll be wailing a little while longer.

A Surface event is planned for the 22nd of this month so I guess we'll all know real soon!

gjlamb#CB

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
No new X at the recent event. I don’t think I’d need more power, smoother operation and better battery life would be more useful. From reviews, I see everyone says battery life is good but nowhere near what MS say it should have.

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
No new X at the recent event. I don’t think I’d need more power, smoother operation and better battery life would be more useful. From reviews, I see everyone says battery life is good but nowhere near what MS say it should have.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by that. I'm now trying to decide between the Surface Pro X(sq2) & the Pro 8. Trying to carry devices that can serve multiple functions (surface = laptop & tablet) as opposed to multiple devices (iPad & Macbook) that each serve a specific function.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234