Any NESBOX controller support?

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Do any of the moga or other bluetooth controllers work with nesbox or other similar emulators? Wanted to make sure before I bought one, thanks guys !

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got the XBOX ONE S controller that has Bluetooth. Paired it with my 950XL and works with "Unversal Emulator" before the app was pulled. It will come back once the dev meets new requirements. It's a UWP app and has built in support to XBOX controllers. Works with XBOX ONE controllers via wired USB and XBOX ONE S via wired USB or Bluetooth. Very responsive and virtually lag free.

The emulator app support NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis ROMS. Currently, it only supports save states, but not in-game save points. Not sure why. Great app and controller. I've never used an XBOX controller. Takes a bit of getting used to. It's bulkier than my old controllers.

The controller does not support Bluetooth audio via it's built in headphone jack. Just connected your headphones directly into the phone itself or go BT headphones.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice man thanks for the heads up, could u try the app nesbox for me too tho? I already have soem games saved and wouldnt want to start over haha. Thanks again !

I just got the XBOX ONE S controller that has Bluetooth. Paired it with my 950XL and works with "Unversal Emulator" before the app was pulled. It will come back once the dev meets new requirements. It's a UWP app and has built in support to XBOX controllers. Works with XBOX ONE controllers via wired USB and XBOX ONE S via wired USB or Bluetooth. Very responsive and virtually lag free.

The emulator app support NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis ROMS. Currently, it only supports save states, but not in-game save points. Not sure why. Great app and controller. I've never used an XBOX controller. Takes a bit of getting used to. It's bulkier than my old controllers.

The controller does not support Bluetooth audio via it's built in headphone jack. Just connected your headphones directly into the phone itself or go BT headphones.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
i noticed that too weird - maybe thats because they just submitted an update that was denied due to them trying to add xbox one support hmmm Nesbox Emulator

Thanks for the link. It still does not download on mobile nor PC gives error. We'll have to wait for dev to republish after meeting MS guidelines.

EDIT: Looks like Universal Emulator (By NESBOX) is back up. I downloaded it onto my PC. It works like the mobile version. The XBOX ONE controllers works via wires USB or via Bluetooth. But one distinction is that it currently only supports 1 controller, not two. The onscreen controller and the XBOX ONE controller are player 1 only. There were no options for player 2. This happened on the PC desktop UWP version as well.

Last edited:

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thats great ! So just to be clear it works with the phone and pc right? Thanks again !

Thanks for the link. It still does not download on mobile nor PC gives error. We'll have to wait for dev to republish after meeting MS guidelines.

EDIT: Looks like Universal Emulator (By NESBOX) is back up. I downloaded it onto my PC. It works like the mobile version. The XBOX ONE controllers works via wires USB or via Bluetooth. But one distinction is that it currently only supports 1 controller, not two. The onscreen controller and the XBOX ONE controller are player 1 only. There were no options for player 2. This happened on the PC desktop UWP version as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadgerBee