Anyone get the May 2019 update yet

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Night509
Are you saying that your surface is locked to using windows store only? That means you are running Windows 10 S version. If you want to install apps that are not available on the windows store you will need to use Microsofts Free Upgrade to windows 10 Home. This will allow you to install any program, even those not on the Windows Store.

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-go-how-unlock-windows-10-s-mode

I know how to unlock it but not interested I was just looking to see if anyone else got it through the windows update yet because it's the only way with Win 10 in S mode.

SurfaceGoGuy

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi Cowboy. I read on one of Microsoft's pages that they are planning on pushing the May 2019 update to those on 1803 beginning in late June. I guess they are going to skip 1809 for us that are still in S mode. I did get tired of waiting because I wanted the swipe onscreen keyboard amongst other things so I signed up for the Windows Insider Program and selected bug fixes and driver updates which put me in the Release Preview Ring. I got 1903 OS build 18362.145. Then I just opted out of the insider program and reset my privacy settings back to basic. It was pretty easy and painless for me and I don't have any problems thus far with the OS.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by SurfaceGoGuy
Hi Cowboy. I read on one of Microsoft's pages that they are planning on pushing the May 2019 update to those on 1803 beginning in late June. I guess they are going to skip 1809 for us that are still in S mode. I did get tired of waiting because I wanted the swipe onscreen keyboard amongst other things so I signed up for the Windows Insider Program and selected bug fixes and driver updates which put me in the Release Preview Ring. I got 1903 OS build 18362.145. Then I just opted out of the insider program and reset my privacy settings back to basic. It was pretty easy and painless for me and I don't have any problems thus far with the OS.

Thanks for the honest info I'll just wait around for them to release it.

b3nwatkins

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Funnily enough the update arrived on my machine today. I was going to wait a while before installing it to see how it's going for other people. A firmware update completely trashed the batteries on thousands of Surface 3 Pros a few years ago and the arguments with Microsoft, who refused to acknowledge there was even a problem let alone accept responsibility for it, went on for months. No way I'm making that mistake again.Capture.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb