Aperture control (for Lumia 830)?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know a phone with a varied aperture except for an old Nokia (don't know if the Samsung cameras have it though) basically in Smartphones moving parts are a nightmare because they can get broken and that's why it's hard to find someone willing to put varied aperture.
Also many users will not understand the important value of such upgrade as they're hardly making use of high/low shutter speed and ISO. I think F2.2 is the perfect spot you don't get many light streaks out of light posts and you still get plenty of light more than an F2.4 currently employed in the Lumia 1520.

Also many people described the Lumia 92X photos as hazy in the distance which is very well the fault of a fast aperture 2.0 that enables better micro shots but have trouble with distant objects (like the moon).

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know a phone with a varied aperture except for an old Nokia (don't know if the Samsung cameras have it though) basically in Smartphones moving parts are a nightmare because they can get broken and that's why it's hard to find someone willing to put varied aperture.
Also many users will not understand the important value of such upgrade as they're hardly making use of high/low shutter speed and ISO. I think F2.2 is the perfect spot you don't get many light streaks out of light posts and you still get plenty of light more than an F2.4 currently employed in the Lumia 1520.

Also many people described the Lumia 92X photos as hazy in the distance which is very well the fault of a fast aperture 2.0 that enables better micro shots but have trouble with distant objects (like the moon).

As there is, for instance, electronic image stabilization as opposed to optical image stabilization, there should be a way for electronic aperture control...

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As there is, for instance, electronic image stabilization as opposed to optical image stabilization, there should be a way for electronic aperture control...
Emmm its called ISO dude and NO there isn't electronic image stabilization there's SOFTWARE image stabilization which involves tricks like cropping the video and letting the shakiness happen outside of the kept frames (Sony came up with that on phones I think)
Study a little bit about digital photography before suggesting such things :D

Corrections: I should've done a little more research before suggesting that others do that, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Emmm its called ISO dude and NO there isn't electronic image stabilization there's SOFTWARE image stabilization which involves tricks like cropping the video and letting the shakiness happen outside of the kept frames (Sony came up with that on phones I think)

The IOS in the 1020 is electronically controlled via a sensor / gyroscope.

"In simple terms, it attempts to eliminate camera-shake by using a very accurate sensor—a gyroscope—to detect and react to camera movement. A lens element in the camera then shifts to offset that movement. Bingo!"

How Nokia Lumia Optical Image Stabilisation is revolutionising imaging - Lumia Conversations

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

ISO is a totally different terminology altogether. Exposure is controlled by three main factors, ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed.

However, by toggling one of these settings, you get different effects too. By toggling ISO, you can increase (or decrease) noise and colour reproduction. By toggling the aperture, you could adjust sharpness and DoF.

You are the one who should read up before commenting and bashing people.

Even your earlier post stating Lumia 920's large aperture affecting it's capability to shoot objects far away is rubbish. It doesn't affect only far objects, but close objects too. And it is definitely not the factor that causes it to have "hazy images".

And... http://www.techopedia.com/definition/24801/electronic-image-stabilization--eis

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Quick lesson here.

ISO is sensor sensitivity. Like the volume control on an audio amplifier. Turn up the volume and you increase the audio output, for those low recordings, but you also amplify the noise. Some noise is good, some noise is bad.

Aperture is fixed on the Lumia so no in-camera control over DOF, but you still have the shutter speed and ISO to control exposure levels.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
ISO is a totally different terminology altogether. Exposure is controlled by three main factors, ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed.

However, by toggling one of these settings, you get different effects too. By toggling ISO, you can increase (or decrease) noise and colour reproduction. By toggling the aperture, you could adjust sharpness and DoF.

You are the one who should read up before commenting and bashing people.

Even your earlier post stating Lumia 920's large aperture affecting it's capability to shoot objects far away is rubbish. It doesn't affect only far objects, but close objects too. And it is definitely not the factor that causes it to have "hazy images".

And... What is Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)? - Definition from Techopedia

:) I understand what ISO is, I was just making a point simpler.

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
That's about the cutest nonsense I ever heard. ISO is about sensitivity, aperture about "volume" of light, related to depth of field etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon