As Bobby Kotick leaves Microsoft and Activision for good, an ex-employee describes how he once threatened to "have an employee killed

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought Windows Central was supposed to be proper tech news, not gutter newspaper journalism. What a pointless story to share via this channel. What if you're wrong and you've spread negative press about a senior figure in the industry, or a disgruntled ex employee has embellished things. Either way, just a vote to keep this kind of rubbish off tech news channels
since you commented before reading: this was proven in court, Kotick settled out of court, and even publicly addressed it saying he regretted saying it. so. uh. yeah. try reading the article before commenting next time.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You've been a member for 3 days and are complaining about the type of news you are reading here. If this isn't the type of news you want to read, you can simply adjust your feeds perhaps.

Reactions: Jez Corden

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough that I missed that part when reading the article (and I did honest!), but my main point was that this just isn't tech news and felt the need to comment on this kind of irrelevant info coming in to tech news feeds
since you're apparently new to windows central, we cover matters relevant to microsoft. the technology within abk is hugely relevant to microsoft's operational future, from AI, to cloud, to gaming (ofc), and beyond.

we cover microsoft hardware, tech, software, windows, ai, and gaming, and we have done so for coming up to a decade.

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
A point to consider is that not only did Kotick exit, so did a lot of others in HR and PR that had to cover for him. The moves serve as a reassurance to the ABK staff that the Booty regime really intends to be different from the Kotick era, not just replace him and leave everything as before.

When MS announced the ABK deal their stock was in freefall and a lot of contributing staff were headed out the door. The announcement stabilized the stock and most of the staff stayed hoping change would come. The top level exits can be seen as an early validation of that expectation. Retaining the creatives as ABK is going to be key to MS recovering their investment and to future growth of GAME PASS which in turn impact the entire gaming industry.

Looking forward this was indeed a milestone and one handled as tactfully as a batch of high level "exits" can be. Two points for MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc