As Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 keep reaching new heights with sky-high player counts, it highlights a new problem for Xbox

MyNameIsKoren

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
I think the problem could be worse. Fortunately for Fallout, their games are pretty big and popular, and the tv series is bringing people back to their games. And they seem ready for it as Fallout 4 is getting a quality upgrade, reportedly. While I agree the timing of release for the show would have been greater with a new game to the series coming out as well, I think the way they're doing it lets the new audience get into the previous games to catch up on things. It sounds like the show is quite good (watching tonight) so hopefully they'll have a few more seasons. And maybe they can end it with Fallout 5 releasing.

Anyway if any of the tv shows have a bit of a problem, may I remind that the Twisted Metal series came out at a time when there's 0 of the namesake's games on PS5, and all the console got was Destruction Allstars instead. In fact at least one report says a Twisted Metal game in development was cancelled due to layoffs. So that show's really missing its marketing potential as well.

rmark66

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Bethesda in particular has a problem of taking too long for the next game to come out and on top of that, they single thread games between 3 franchises (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and now Starfield). Each game seams to take longer than the prior one to create. Not a lot more Bethesda games will be released in my lifetime and that is sad. They need to get things moving like ABK does with COD. Bethesda, ABK, and Xbox Studios need only one really good game engine for FPS. Microsoft needs to develop that outside of the game studios and then future games can make use of it. The game engine should site on top of Directx and allow games to use specific released versions of the game engine. Once there is a version of the game engine available, they can start coding new games to use it. No more holding back game development like Starfield so one studio has an updated game engine!

1078mac

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Why is it always a problem when it comes to reporting a positive for Microsoft and Bethesda? The series has helped people discover fallout games and they are great. F4 will get a next gen update Thursday making it a great time to play and get into the universe! There is no negative to anyone other than people that have played it all already, but that's an opportunity to play it again. So tired of the oh but there's a problem narrative. I appreciate Bethesda not rushing things. Fallout 5 needs to be great and the show only highlights that more since it is pretty great too

Reactions: Grimshanders

Grimshanders

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Why is it always a problem when it comes to reporting a positive for Microsoft and Bethesda? The series has helped people discover fallout games and they are great. F4 will get a next gen update Thursday making it a great time to play and get into the universe! There is no negative to anyone other than people that have played it all already, but that's an opportunity to play it again. So tired of the oh but there's a problem narrative. I appreciate Bethesda not rushing things. Fallout 5 needs to be great and the show only highlights that more since it is pretty great too
Completely agree. It's irritating when these "journalists" decide there's a problem. Then spout off BS to cause controversy. They have nothing better to do than gripe.

Felix999

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
There types of articles are what is wrong with the gaming industry too.

These articles set up expectations for the consumer that there should be a game release with a TV show. But why? To make more money? What happened to making games for the love of entertaining your fans?

What do gamers really want? Fun, quality games, that don't come out half baked on release day which takes 3+ years to do right (see Cyberpunk 2077)...

I think it's perfectly fine for Bethesda to release a great show without a game. Financially, it's STILL working out for them, in fact, it's working out financially WAAAY better than the articles purposed scheme.

They made a solid business decision and they're reapering rewards without huge software development costs.

The writer is either AI or an idiot.

bazanime

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
There types of articles are what is wrong with the gaming industry too.

These articles set up expectations for the consumer that there should be a game release with a TV show. But why? To make more money? What happened to making games for the love of entertaining your fans?

What do gamers really want? Fun, quality games, that don't come out half baked on release day which takes 3+ years to do right (see Cyberpunk 2077)...

I think it's perfectly fine for Bethesda to release a great show without a game. Financially, it's STILL working out for them, in fact, it's working out financially WAAAY better than the articles purposed scheme.

They made a solid business decision and they're reapering rewards without huge software development costs.

The writer is either AI or an idiot.
It gets clicks and engagement which unfortunately works everytime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap