Ask Dan/Anyone: Best tweaks and utilities 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwickone

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey Dan...or anyone. What are the top tweaks, utilities, apps, browser extensions, etc that you install on a new PC?

I don't have too many myself, but wondering what I am missing or should consider.

For me, off the top of my head: WinRAR, eWallet, Lastpass extension, Paint.NET, Steam, and iTunes (sadly). Have been playing with Stardock Curtains lately for visual goodness.

Thanks!

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey Dan...or anyone. What are the top tweaks, utilities, apps, browser extensions, etc that you install on a new PC?

I don't have too many myself, but wondering what I am missing or should consider.

For me, off the top of my head: WinRAR, eWallet, Lastpass extension, Paint.NET, Steam, and iTunes (sadly). Have been playing with Stardock Curtains lately for visual goodness.

Thanks!
, in general (aside from uninstalling bloatware): ublock origin or adblock plus (sorry WC, but it is need to block malware and trackers). I like Firefox's Dark Reader plugin too (it is safe as well). Depending on the laptop/tablet, I also set max cpu usage in power plan to 95% to prevent weird fan issues with certain laptops or lower to give extra battery life at expense of some performance.
I set the start menu to full too because I tend to categorize and group pinned apps/folders.

for movies: vlc, netflix app etc.
for gaming: steam & gog.
for mods: vortex / nexus.

registry on work pc: I increase the amount of mouse drag needed to move files within in file explorer to prevent moving files by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett