ASUS ROG Ally one month later: Here are 5 things I want you to know before buying

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with some of your points. I say only some because I haven't tried to connect it to a TV or monitor. I strictly use it for on-the-go or couch gaming. I like the extra power compared to my Steam Deck but my issues...

Windows - SteamOS is just amazing for a handheld device compared to windows hands down, no argument. However it is nice that I can play everything and anything I own across Epic, GOG, Steam etc without having to hack.

Ergonomics - It just doesn't feel great in my hands compared to my Steam Deck. It fatigues my hands after a 2-3 hour session.

Battery Life - You nailed this one. Not much else to say.

I still think it's a great device and would recommend it for anyone looking to play any PC game they have in their library without worrying about compatibility.

Reactions: wojtek

1078mac

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I agree with some of your points. I say only some because I haven't tried to connect it to a TV or monitor. I strictly use it for on-the-go or couch gaming. I like the extra power compared to my Steam Deck but my issues...

Windows - SteamOS is just amazing for a handheld device compared to windows hands down, no argument. However it is nice that I can play everything and anything I own across Epic, GOG, Steam etc without having to hack.

Ergonomics - It just doesn't feel great in my hands compared to my Steam Deck. It fatigues my hands after a 2-3 hour session.

Battery Life - You nailed this one. Not much else to say.

I still think it's a great device and would recommend it for anyone looking to play any PC game they have in their library without worrying about compatibility.
I agree with most of what you say. I love mine and I have the SD card issue. Really it is simply poor design. Yes Steam OS is simpler to use, but to play anything other than Steam requires a great deal of tinkering which is not superior in any way to Windows

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
I agree with most of what you say. I love mine and I have the SD card issue. Really it is simply poor design. Yes Steam OS is simpler to use, but to play anything other than Steam requires a great deal of tinkering which is not superior in any way to Windows
It still boils down to windows hegemony and all games being made for windows. that was one of my motives to get Steam Deck to actually have more diverse platforms and being able to use whichever one suits me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire