At last, access Network shares from Windows phone

Englischdude

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
hi All,
this is my first post here on the forum. I am a new windows phone user living in Austria. Until now I have avoided anything windows like the plague, however lately I have given in and purchased 2 new phones (640XL) for me and my wife. I could do everything I needed with the phone, the one thing which I could not find was how to access my NAS (network attached storage) from my phone. There is no built in feature for this in Win phone 8.1, the only way I, and many other users found was to purchase an app called share folder or something.

Exhaustive research on the web did not reveal any free way, but today I have found an app in the store which is free and works. It is called TOTAL COMMANDER.

I can connect to my NAS and my linux laptop..... at last!

Hope this info helps anyone else pondering this problem.

Regards
Martin

Englischdude

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
So i found the metro pro app but it does not seem to offer ftp/smb network drive access which i need and also i think the special offer only applies outside europe as in my store it is 8 euro.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Says page not found!

That's odd, it should work.

So i found the metro pro app but it does not seem to offer ftp/smb network drive access which i need and also i think the special offer only applies outside europe as in my store it is 8 euro.

In regards to the price, can't confirm if the deal shows up for me as I bought the app awhile ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria