Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora shows why games shouldn't launch in December

Nandiman

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
I registered just so I can trash your review. Let's begin:
1. What does the quality of the game have to do with the month it's launched in? When I started reading the title and first sentences I thought you were going to say something like "launch in December, miss all the award shows", but turns out in your opinion, launch in December means "bad game".
2. The game needed more time in the "owen" ? It's one of the smoothest launches this year. Not many bugs and impressive game performance in spite of high base requirements. I don't have enough fingers to count how many poor launches there have been this year. Avatar is breath of fresh air in this regard.
3. The game needs a better quest system? Why? It's an fps, man, you shoot things and blow stuff up, and look cool while doing it. This is not Baldurs Gate 3.
4. Launched to "middling" reviews? I did not check all the reviews but I did check the "big" ones, and they all had nothing but praise. For a typical Ubisoft open world game, this is one of the better typical Ubisoft games. You review a game for what it is, not for what it isn't. If you eat a delicious burger, you're not going to say it's bad just because you wanted pizza.
5. You don't like the Avatar franchise and don't like Ubisoft open world games, yet apparently you were the best choice to review this game. That's like asking the CEO of Exxon to review a Tesla.
6. In spite of all the shade you threw at the game, you say you're going to keep playing it AND enjoy it? I'm sorry, but how can you enjoy something you clearly dislike? If you had just stayed the course and said it was a "bad" game all the way to the end, I would have respected that, as I respect people's opinions, even if I do not agree with them. But even you don't know if you like the game or not.
Bonus point: I know not everyone can afford a high end GPU, but Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is not a game you review on a 3060Ti.

Reactions: mrnobody

mrnobody

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
I got the game free for buying a AMD GPU, not compare to cod , avatar is way better. Cod is also a dying franchise because they supported pedophila #callofgroomers. So even if they won the gamer awards it won't be taken seriously. Now avatar had great graphics and a good story line, I was in ultra graphics and still pushing over 100 fps in huge fights especially in the end. This article is a joke. I'm not a huge Avatar fan but the game was awesome could of been a little bit longer, beat the whole game in coop in 20 hours compared to cod that only takes 4 hours on veteran on solo. Your comparing dog **** to Apples , cod being the dog ****. I can't really say anything about fortnight because that's a kids skill level game and I don't play it for that reason.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the game free for buying a AMD GPU, not compare to cod , avatar is way better. Cod is also a dying franchise because they supported pedophila #callofgroomers. So even if they won the gamer awards it won't be taken seriously. Now avatar had great graphics and a good story line, I was in ultra graphics and still pushing over 100 fps in huge fights especially in the end. This article is a joke. I'm not a huge Avatar fan but the game was awesome could of been a little bit longer, beat the whole game in coop in 20 hours compared to cod that only takes 4 hours on veteran on solo. Your comparing dog **** to Apples , cod being the dog ****. I can't really say anything about fortnight because that's a kids skill level game and I don't play it for that reason.
You may not realize, but you've taken the whole so-called "callofgroomers" thing out of context. That was just a tag created by a very small group to try and link Activision's battle against an 'anti-woke' boycott of their games to pedophilia grooming. I'd suggest reading this Rolling Stone article for a bit more context.

mrnobody

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
You may not realize, but you've taken the whole so-called "callofgroomers" thing out of context. That was just a tag created by a very small group to try and link Activision's battle against an 'anti-woke' boycott of their games to pedophilia grooming. I'd suggest reading this Rolling Stone article for a bit more context.
False it was made because a state government wanted to take rights way from parents and force kids to go against their parents, what started it was we don't care "what you do just leave kids out of it" as in stop forcing sexualize actions on kids. Nice try though trying to make it seem like something else

• Haha
Reactions: HelloNNNewman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria