Awesome Lock - Awesome for Baseball Fans!

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The pickings for following baseball on Windows Phone have gotten very slim this year, especially with the lack of an MLB At Bat app for the season. The apps that are still around are clunky, don't feature a live tile with updated scores, or require you to go in and manually set updates for each new game. It's ridiculous that Microsoft's own MSN Sports app will only show "LIVE" for a game in progress and not the score on the tile.

Way back in the early days of Windows Phone 7, there was a great app called Sports Scores. You could select a few teams to follow and the games would stay updated on the tile every day. That app was pulled years ago and I was never able to track down who the developer was. The only current app that does the job is Awesome Lock. It allows you to choose up to 6 teams to follow and keeps the score updated (every 20 minutes) on your lock screen, on a tile, or both.

It's not immediate push updates, but it's still pretty great. It's well worth the $1.50 or whatever the developer is charging. A combo of that and a pinned shortcut the MLB.com scoreboard page gives me enough to be happy following the season on my phone this year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know about this app. It will be useful for a lot of baseball fans.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manu0620