Backup Fails with 0x80004004

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I had reset my Lumia about a month ago. While setting it up, I chose to restore the previous backup. The restore worked fine, but now it does not backup at all. When manually trying to force a backup, it gives the error code 0x80004004. Searching for this code does not turn up any promising solutions for this problem.

The phone is supported and is running Creators Update. Has anyone else faced this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

NB: I have deleted my previous backup because that sometimes helps; it did not this time. A hard reset will be my last option.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I had reset my Lumia about a month ago. While setting it up, I chose to restore the previous backup. The restore worked fine, but now it does not backup at all. When manually trying to force a backup, it gives the error code 0x80004004. Searching for this code does not turn up any promising solutions for this problem.

The phone is supported and is running Creators Update. Has anyone else faced this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

NB: I have deleted my previous backup because that sometimes helps; it did not this time. A hard reset will be my last option.

I'm having the same problem. Alcatel Idol 4S running Fall Creators Update. Made backup fine the first time, then needed to reset the device. Was able to restore from the backup file no problem. Once logging back in, getting everything back to where I wanted it, went to create a new backup, same error code you are getting. Even tried removing previous backup.
Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I eventually gave in and did a factory reset. I didn't have a backup to restore from, but now it backs up just fine. Though I fail to see the point of backups if it breaks after being restored.

I hope someone figures out a solution... eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos