Bluetooth Headset conflict with Internet Sharing on L520?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm running a Lumia 520 in the United States, with Cyan and WP 8.1. No developer preview stuff, but am completely up to date as of a few hours ago for all the phone updates available from AT&T.

I'm using Internet Sharing so that my Laptop can share my Internet on my phone. My Laptop is running Windows 8.1, completely up to date as of this morning.

The issue I am having is when I am using the Internet Sharing for my Laptop to have Internet access, and I receive or attempt to make a call, my Bluetooth headset will "disconnect" and will not reconnect until I disable the Internet Sharing. It seems to be working fine, until I attempt to make use of it, then it disconnects.

Perhaps it is an issue with my particular headset, so will also get in touch with Plantronics in case there is an update that will help. I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Legend headset. Yes, I know, the headset costs 2x what the phone costs, but it is well worth it.

Has anyone else had the Bluetooth disconnect issue while sharing the phone's Internet? Or does it seem to be a conflict between my particular Bluetooth and WP combination?

Oh, yes, another issue that seems to be related... If I turn on Internet Sharing, then boot my laptop, it hooks up to the Wi-Fi from the phone just fine. However, if the laptop is already turned on when I turn on Internet Sharing, it is unable to connect until I turn off the Bluetooth radio on the phone.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Update: All problems above have been resolved.

Resolution: I went to Plantronics website, and downloaded the Headset Updater. I was running an old firmware for my Voyager Legend, #44. Firmware 106 was available, and I updated the firmware. Now, all the issues have disappeared, including the issue of not being able to use Internet Sharing from the phone with the laptop. Everything works as expected. Apparently there were a few bugs in the headset that were interfering with the radio signals. All has been corrected.

This thread may be deleted by a moderator, unless you think it may help another user with a Windows Phone and Voyager Legend headset in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis