Bought brand new 1520.3 RM-938 from B&H. Need advice.

MetroAbe

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I received my new Yellow 1520.3 RM-938 few days ago. As soon as I booted it up it started vibrating as if Search and Back buttons are being randomly pressed. I hard reset it, updated it and used Lumia Recovery Tool to see if there are any updates but the issue didn't go away. I sent the phone back and now waiting for a replacement.

Their website shows 77 reviews and all are positive as if none of them had any issues. I am wondering now if it's worth getting this device or just buy 930 as it seems to have less issues? Also I live in Canada and with all the taxes and exchange rate fees the phone cost me CDN $720 and I can buy L930 from expansys.ca for CDN $530 all in.

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Only 5 days old.

From what I understand, this is a common issue with the 1520 and the upcoming Denim update should be fixing that issue.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I received my new Yellow 1520.3 RM-938 few days ago. As soon as I booted it up it started vibrating as if Search and Back buttons are being randomly pressed. I hard reset it, updated it and used Lumia Recovery Tool to see if there are any updates but the issue didn't go away. I sent the phone back and now waiting for a replacement.

Their website shows 77 reviews and all are positive as if none of them had any issues. I am wondering now if it's worth getting this device or just buy 930 as it seems to have less issues? Also I live in Canada and with all the taxes and exchange rate fees the phone cost me CDN $720 and I can buy L930 from expansys.ca for CDN $530 all in.

If the phone acts as if the buttons are being pressed randomly, it may be that the screen is not seated properly or has warped/flexed in some manner that triggers random presses. Because the phone is so large and thin, the screen is more prone to flexing. Many people have experienced this. If the screen does not respond properly at all, you may need to either trade it in for another 1520 or return it for the 930.

MetroAbe

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
If the phone acts as if the buttons are being pressed randomly, it may be that the screen is not seated properly or has warped/flexed in some manner that triggers random presses. Because the phone is so large and thin, the screen is more prone to flexing. Many people have experienced this. If the screen does not respond properly at all, you may need to either trade it in for another 1520 or return it for the 930.

So if I get a replacement and it turns out fine can I expect that it will stay that way in the future? I don't think the flex that causes this issue, it could be the way they put the device together at the factory. In addition, it could be the part that involves a human assembly and that's why some people have it and others don't.

Based on all the people on Youtube who reviewed 1520 none have mentioned this issue which leads me to believe that it's not a big percentage. What do you think?

MetroAbe

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Also Daniel R. mentioned that Windows Phone 10 might be ready in a few months. Any of you guys think that 1530 might be announced around that time? After all, it looks like a lot of online stores have already discontinued 1520 and 1020, this could be a sign of an upcoming updated device.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So if I get a replacement and it turns out fine can I expect that it will stay that way in the future? I don't think the flex that causes this issue, it could be the way they put the device together at the factory. In addition, it could be the part that involves a human assembly and that's why some people have it and others don't.

Based on all the people on Youtube who reviewed 1520 none have mentioned this issue which leads me to believe that it's not a big percentage. What do you think?

I bought my RM-938 from B&H last summer, and even though I've moved on from it I had no issues with it aside the from erratic touch/swipe issue that many people have (and to be fair to B&H, I had two 1520's before this one that I bought locally and they had exactly the same issue).

If you get your replacement and it seems to work fine then I wouldn't expect there to be any issues with it.

Also Daniel R. mentioned that Windows Phone 10 might be ready in a few months. Any of you guys think that 1530 might be announced around that time? After all, it looks like a lot of online stores have already discontinued 1520 and 1020, this could be a sign of an upcoming updated device.

I think it's been made abundantly clear by Daniel and many other Microsoft bloggers that no new high-end phone will be released until fall this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sobev25996