Brydge 12.3 keyboard turns your Surface Pro into a Surface Book ... sort of

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
brydge-hero.jpg

The Brydge 12.3 can turn your Surface Pro into a "real" laptop. The design gets a lot right, but there a few hiccups.
Microsoft's Surface product line has grown over the years to meet the various demands of consumers. For those who own a Surface Pro 3, Pro 4, or new Surface Pro however, you may be interested in innovative ways to expand its form factor. Or maybe you just really want a Surface Book, but can't afford it now.
The Brydge 12.3 Bluetooth keyboard is one possible solution that turns your Surface Pro into more or a laptop. I was skeptical of such a device, but after spending a few weeks with it, I'm (mostly) impressed. Here is what I like, and what I don't.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Maybe its just me but I would have re-designed it as such:
1. Move the hinges closer together such that they form a 'dock' of sorts, so you can slide in the surface pro and the contacts at the bottom connect to the contacts on the Brydge keyboard. And then...
2. These contacts can automatically allow data transfer from the SSD in the Brydge and also allow for charging of the Surface Pro.

Granted, to allow data transfer and charging the Surface pro will need to undergo another reiteration, but its a cool idea showing the back and forth process of good design. Surface pro 6?

Ps: If Brydge makers are reading this, do remember who came up with this. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05