Can anyone enable call recording on the last build of Windows 10 Mobile?

crash

Aug 3, 2024
Visit site
Dear All,

I wondered whether anyone could help on this as the last info about this feature is from a few years ago...

I've gone back to Windows Mobile 10 (Lumia 950 (non-XL)) from Sailfish due to the camera being better on the Lumia and it handling basic calls better than the way I had things running on a xperia 10 III.

One thing that might be handy in a pinch (although I never used it in all the years that I used Windows Mobile before) is the option of call recording.

The guides available on-line differ slightly to the current reality, because they were apparently written for an earlier version of the settings app, where things are laid out a bit different.
In the last build, you go to Settings > System > Phone > Default Apps (Choose apps) ...
and it lists there the apps that you can select for caller ID, call recording and transferring a phonecall into a video call, which I assume would be using Skype.

These last three drop-down menus are all greyed out on this Lumia, which is unlocked and running on O2 network in the UK.
The voice recorder app is present on the phone (it can't be uninstalled).

The greyed-out drop-downs just show "No compatible apps".

I wanted to check, before I go resetting this handset back to factory and doing things that are going to be a bit disruptive, whether anyone else can get this option working nowadays on the last build of Windows Mobile.
I'm interested to know whether it's theoretically possible, or whether it was just another feature that was nixed in the later updates.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone could let me have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonE