Can Cinemagraph images move?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Today I clicked 1 photo via Nokia Cinemagraph, which saved to camera roll obviously but I want to move this photo to another folder (which I make a folder on memory card via laptop). So can it possible to move Cinemagraph photo with gif. or moving to that folder.
all photos are saved on memory card & I am using Lumia 720 on wp8.0 in India.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They can be moved however you need to make sure you move both .jpg and .nar file.
They are saved like this:

WP_20131219_19_01_15_Cinemagraph.jpg
WP_20131219_19_01_15_Cinemagraph.nar

When you restore this back to your phone, both files need to be in the camera roll otherwise you will get an error when opening the picture in cinemagraph.

Edit: To Save the gif you are going to have upload and share it via email, send the link to yourself and download it via save image as on a PC, if you try to save the image on your phone it saves as a .jpg. I haven't been able to find any other way to save the cinemagraph gifs.

Last edited:

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
my question is can I move from camera roll to another folder & still got liv images
They can be moved however you need to make sure you move both .jpg and .nar file.
They are saved like this:

WP_20131219_19_01_15_Cinemagraph.jpg
WP_20131219_19_01_15_Cinemagraph.nar

When you restore this back to your phone, both files need to be in the camera roll otherwise you will get an error when opening the picture in cinemagraph.

Edit: To Save the gif you are going to have upload and share it via email, send the link to yourself and download it. I haven't been able to find any other way to save the cinemagraph gifs.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I moved images from camera roll to another folder via laptop but image is like simple one no gif.

That is because you either moved the jpg, using the built-in photo viewer or a program not compatible in displaying .gifs. I would recommend you download something like IrfranView.

To get the gif, you can try exporting to gif after opening the cinemapgraph via the three dots in the cinemagraph app (always has been a hit and miss for me). The exported .gifs will save like "WP_20140701_13_57_12_Cinemagraph_export"

The other method is you will need to share the the cinemagraph by uploading it and sending yourself the link via email. Open the email on your laptop, click on the link, right click image save-as. (This method will give you a compressed .gif)

Cinemagraph does not natively save in gifs, it saves two files a .nar and .jpg - you either need to export via app or upload and download via the shared link.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss