Can I get some help setting up My Family Microsoft account?

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Help with setting up "My Family" Microsoft account.

I need help trying to figure out how to set up a "My Family" Microsoft account.

Here's a little background on why I need to do this. I have three phones my first was a 520 then I got a 920 and I just got a Icon.
I gave my 920 to my wife and I just gave my 520 to my grand son.
I was having issues with all three phones trying to sync together because they were all under my account

I factory reset the two phones and I now have a account for my wife as a "parent" and a account for my grandson as a "child" but I can't seem to be able to administer any parental controls.
What I would like to be able to do with my grandson is be able to control what games he can download and still be able to use my account to buy games on his phone. (Here is the web site I'm using)
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/family/add-child?insetup=true&signin=true

I am probably not just paying attention on how to set this up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Victor

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help with setting up "My Family" Microsoft account.

Victor,

It has been a few years since I did this so the details are sketchy. But when you sign in to windowsphone.com with your MS account, go to the Family option, the should be an option to "add a kid". this is what came up when i clicked your link:

"My Family

Add a kid

Click "Go" to sign in with your child's Microsoft account and add them to My Family. If they don't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one."

Hit "Go" and sign in with your gGrandson's acccountand password. This links his account as a child under your account. Once linked, you will then have option such as only free or paid games, etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Mark

SteaLthRzGaMer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes,you can manage what type he can download,Xbox or non-Xbox

If you allow paid and free downloads on the account,he can download any app in the store

You can manage the kid account from parent account under My Family

If you add a credit card to that account he can buy any apps

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Thanks I just realized that I needed to set this up from my local account on my PC . Not the web site I posted.That was just for adding a child.
Still a little confusing. Microsoft needs to put this all in one place.
Thanks
Vic
*****Update***** at 9:35pm. Yes I can do all that stuff in the web site sorry my bad.
Thanks again

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724