can we expect a build from 10586 branch in september?

Vyshu Girish

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
can we expect any new build from current branch or 10586 branch in this month or in near future.no build was released after anniversary update.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the anniversary update takes Windows 10 mobile to the Redstone branch (14393).
IMHO it is unlikely that Threshold (10586) will see any updates.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hold on guys...

It may still happen. On the PC side this week, Microsoft sent Cumulative Updates to Threshold 1 (10240) and Threshold 2 (10586):
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...date-10240-17113-threshold-1-non-insider.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...update-10586-589-threshold-2-non-insider.html

Donna Sarkar also advised:
Thanks for being patient with us as we upgraded some of our engineering tools last week. Our build monitoring system is purring again...

I wouldn't rule out patches and fixes to TH1 and TH2 for Mobile just yet.

The example I like to use is that my RT tablet still gets monthly patches and fixes (just installed one last night) and RT is supposed to be dead and buried.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think they happen on pc because there are LTS editions, and businesses can stay on whatever build they please indefinitely, no such thing on mobile, and since all 3 insider rings and "production" rings are now on RS1, the only way for a TH2 cumulative to reach mobile seems to be the "current branch for business" on mobile

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft has committed to releasing cumulative updates for TH1 (security and bug fixes) for 10 years for enterprise customers on the Long Term Service Branch (LTSB).

I'm not aware of any public commitment yet about how long TH2 will continue receiving updates, but they don't appear to have any plans to create a LTSB for TH2. So, I'd only expect them to continue releasing cumulative updates for PC Pro customers who select to "Defer" feature upgrades. That would only be likely to last a few months before the Current Branch for Business (CBB) inevitably moves up to RS1.

There doesn't appear to be any way for mere mortals to proactively "Defer" updates on Windows 10 Mobile, so I wouldn't count on the existence of a Mobile equivalent of CBB. There are cryptic references to "Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise" in some recent release notes, but again, mere mortals shouldn't expect to be able to get their hands on that software.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has committed to releasing cumulative updates for TH1 (security and bug fixes) for 10 years for enterprise customers on the Long Term Service Branch (LTSB).

I'm not aware of any public commitment yet about how long TH2 will continue receiving updates, but they don't appear to have any plans to create a LTSB for TH2. So, I'd only expect them to continue releasing cumulative updates for PC Pro customers who select to "Defer" feature upgrades. That would only be likely to last a few months before the Current Branch for Business (CBB) inevitably moves up to RS1.

There doesn't appear to be any way for mere mortals to proactively "Defer" updates on Windows 10 Mobile, so I wouldn't count on the existence of a Mobile equivalent of CBB. There are cryptic references to "Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise" in some recent release notes, but again, mere mortals shouldn't expect to be able to get their hands on that software.

oh it might surprise you how easy that is, and if you dont want updates at all, all you have to do is change your phonemodelname to some "unsupported" phone, and yes there's a CBB on mobile enterprise

here you can see all the management options in w10m https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...-services?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#bkmk-wu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith