Canadians beware, LTE may kill your battery! (on unlocked model RM-937)

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the 937 HK variant in the GTA with Rogers. I get LTE 2600 mainly near major intersections where towers are present. Battery life is still good for me (a little worse since updating to WP8.1, but not significant).

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It;s not LTE which kills the battery, it's the scanning through other bands when LTE is not available.
I use LTE in the UK. Where I live has a very strong LTE signal. I get nearly 2 days on my 1520.

On a recent visit to Scotland, my battery drained a lot quicker as LTE signal strength was patchy and my phone was searching for signal all the time. Phone got hotter too, but that's to be expected!!!

LTE is better than 3G in the battery department too if there is a strong signal....

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How are you even connecting to LTE? I have the same Lumia 1520 RM-937 and the only connection speed options i have are 4G and 3G.

robinottawa

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Great thread. I'm planning on (finally) getting a 937. I live in Ottawa.

I see (Wikipedia, with references) that Rogers' LTE is now (as of October) 700 and 1700 Carrier Aggregate, with 2600 "additional bandwidth".

1. does the 2600 band provide up and down signal, ie does it work on the RM-937?

2. can anyone confirm that the Carrier Aggregate bands are NOT available in Ottawa? If that's true, and depending on the answer to 1, I shouldn't expect to have LTE.

Thanks

kingbuzzo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
This problem has been plaguing me since LTE came to Winterpig.

I live outside of the city however when I go into the city for work my phone is dead by lunch almost everyday even though I consistently see 3 or 4 bars on MTS LTE on my HTC 8x.

My buddy had the same exact problem on rogers with a 920. It was so bad for him he sold me his 920 and blamed Windows Phone!

Anyway, I'm still having the same issue with the 920 on MTS.

So by process of elimination is isn't; 3G/4G, Rogers, MTS, HTC, or Nokia

:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720