Cannot install build 14291 on Lumia 950XL, why?

Pallav Chakraborty

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Cannot install build 14291 on Lumia 950XL

Hello,
I have tried installing the build 14291 since the day it was released an my 950XL and the download always gets stuck on 83%. I have done a soft reset, hard reset and even resetting using WDRT but nothing works so far. I am really fed up now as I cannot do anything to complete the download and am at my wit's end. Any help other than what I have done would be really appreciated. Also sometimes I get this error code(0x80200011) and when I retry the download again stops at 83%. My phone has more than enough memory space and the WiFi connection is okay. Please help me!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot install build 14291 on Lumia 950XL

Hello,
I have tried installing the build 14291 since the day it was released an my 950XL and the download always gets stuck on 83%. I have done a soft reset, hard reset and even resetting using WDRT but nothing works so far. I am really fed up now as I cannot do anything to complete the download and am at my wit's end. Any help other than what I have done would be really appreciated. Also sometimes I get this error code(0x80200011) and when I retry the download again stops at 83%. My phone has more than enough memory space and the WiFi connection is okay. Please help me!

It seems like your wifi device or dsl/cable carrier disconnect you at regular times (like Malls, airports, universities, public routers refresh local client ips every 30 or 60 mins)
If that's YOUR cable / dsl / fiber connection, check your router menus for changin DHCP release to 3600 (default value = 1 day)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

If the wifi is yours, please use a notebook / desktop, open an internet empty page, and in the address bar write 192.168.1.1 (or according to your router user manual)
At login request, type as name "admin" and password "admin", if you didn't chaged it in past.
Now you should be in your router menu.
Pages are different for brand and model: please refer to you user manual or brand site web page support.
Browse till settings, DHCP, and set it

If that's not your wifi, try other free hot spots

Pallav Chakraborty

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

So you are telling me to connect to a different wifi to solve the issue? Will the stuck download resume or do I have to reset the phone again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

So you are telling me to connect to a different wifi to solve the issue? Will the stuck download resume or do I have to reset the phone again?

You don't reset anything! if the wifi you were talking about isn't your own, try another place. Download wll restart. Don't reset anything. 950 it's a flagship. Otherwise, it works perfect with 10586.164 without Redstone, believe me

Last edited by a moderator:

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

It seems like your wifi device or dsl/cable carrier disconnect you at regular times (like Malls, airports, universities, public routers refresh local client ips every 30 or 60 mins)
If that's YOUR cable / dsl / fiber connection, check your router menus for changin DHCP release to 3600 (default value = 1 day)
system updates resume. if update process terminated in the mid-way due to bad connection, it will resume when you have connection again. it will continue from where it ended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb