Can't download WMC guide updates.

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
For several days I have been unable to download "any" guide updates for WMC. My system is Windows 7 Pro X 64.

I have ran the setup for my TV signal two times today and even ran the Internet Connection setup in WMC, but nothing I do will let me get the update to complete.

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Powerman777

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine did something similar last week, but I'm on 8.1 pro. Guide basically disappeared and WMC couldn't detect any tuners. I fiddled for a bit with setup, drivers, etc to no avail. I rebooted my machine and everything was back to normal! Have you done a reboot?

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just tried a reboot and then update before anything else but did not work.
I hovered my mouse over the WMC icon and watched it download the update and then slowly process and was told Unable to update. When hovering mouse over icon it said my guide was up to date but going to the guide it only goes to Tuesday afternoon then "No Data Available"

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
This morning after booting I tried updating the guide and it was successful! After a week of trying it now goes for two weeks.

I hadn't done anything else to try to fix the problem, it just updated normally. I'm assuming it was a Microsoft problem that they fixed. Anyway its fixed now but what about later on?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't realize the guide wasn't updating until WMC popped up a prompt to download updates because the guide was going to be out of date in 2 days. There is a thread at TheGreenButton.tv discussing this issue. One of the Microsoft technicians posted in the thread on January 31 that he reported the issue to "the team" on the 30th and that they were working on it.

The thread had reports of successful guide updates starting around 1:00 AM Central this morning. My brother and I, who both use WMC on Windows 8.1, got guide updates this morning, so guide data went from cutting off on February 7th to being updated through the 18th.

The Microsoft technician said he saw reports of successful guide updates on that thread before he received an update from within Microsoft that the issue had been resolved.

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, its happening again. For the last several days I am unable to download WMC guide updates. The local channels show content for several days but the cable channels show "No Data Available". When I try to manually update the guide I get and error message telling me that the guide can not be updated.

Can someone from Microsoft please fix this and see that it does not happen again?? Please!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb